"Way Cooler" Is A Wayland Window Manager / Compositor Written In Rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Way Cooler" Is A Wayland Window Manager / Compositor Written In Rust

Phoronix: "Way Cooler" Is A Wayland Window Manager / Compositor Written In Rust

Way Cooler is another project to add to the list of interesting Wayland compositors / window managers from the futuristic NEMO-UX to Swap to many others...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

WC in short? Great name rofl.

Comment

brace yourself, people claiming Cobol is better than Rust are inbound.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
        WC in short? Great name rofl.
        Maybe the creators are American? I wouldn't have thought about that abbreviation. I only know the term "water closet" because of french class or something. Honestly thought it was the dumbest thing, like an aquarium where you hang up your clothes or something.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post
          Maybe the creators are American? I wouldn't have thought about that abbreviation. I only know the term "water closet" because of french class or something.
          Most dumb things in the world are French in origin, but "water closet" sounds very british.

That said, I'm pretty sure WC is a common term for "toilet" in Germany and Italy, and UK too.

Honestly thought it was the dumbest thing, like an aquarium where you hang up your clothes or something.
          That's because in the past they actually looked like closets, or were integrated in one. https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichie...-La_Chaise.jpg

Comment

Yeah, I pretty much only know "WC" as "bathroom" from The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.

Anyway, this sound really great! I am super interested in Rust, and I need a tiling compositor. Using Weston at the moment, which is ok, but lacks tiling and some configurability that would be nice to have. Lua sounds great, and they mention "Awesome-style" configuration, and Awesome was my last WM.

Comment

To be fair this just uses the wlc library so it is mostly in C partially defeating the point of using Rust.

Comment

"Way Cooler" Is A Wayland Window Manager / Compositor Written In Rust

Electron-powered status bar

Originally posted by TingPing View Post
                To be fair this just uses the wlc library so it is mostly in C partially defeating the point of using Rust.
                Yeah, I'm out.

Comment

Electron-powered status bar? seriously? wth?
                  That's just retarded.

Comment

Jip, WC is a term to describe toilet in middle europe and it is also very common. (WC is not bathroom as long as there is no toilet in the bathroom)

Comment

Working...
                    X