Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan 1.0.6 Is Out With More Fixes

Phoronix: Vulkan 1.0.6 Is Out With More Fixes

Another week, another minor revision to the public Vulkan API specification. Vulkan 1.0.6 is now available to succeed Vulkan 1.0.5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I feel pretty bad for all of the driver devs who have to try and keep up with this constant change to the spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
      I feel pretty bad for all of the driver devs who have to try and keep up with this constant change to the spec.
      Don't feel too bad, it's their job after all, like any other job it can't be ponies and butterflies.

Comment

bad? bad is maintain a api for years with bugs

Comment

Nothing is really changing though. As the article states its mostly bug fixes and making the documentation clearer.

The weekly updates are a big advantage over DX12. I hope developers choose Vulkan as default in future.

Comment

It is nice they keep releasing err data. Mostly those are clarifications and additions of new things to the base of spec. Huge thumbs up for this open spec development. Hopefully it really convinces everyone this is path forward.

Comment

Wrong way to look at it. The release is a win if any of those documentation fixes clarify undefined behavior. These constant, steady stream of improvements are a wonderful thing.
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

But are these really the kind of changes which will make driver devs lose sleep?

Comment

Imagine those who ordered that handbook. By the time it ships in August, Vulkan version number might catch up with Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Imagine those who ordered that handbook. By the time it ships in August, Vulkan version number might catch up with Firefox.

No. They basically have to review the patch, see if they need to change anything (which they normally don't), then just bump the version number. It's not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X