Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talos Principle Is Still Struggling On The RadeonSI Driver

Phoronix: Talos Principle Is Still Struggling On The RadeonSI Driver

While the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver stack is capable of running The Talos Principle puzzle game by Croteam, the performance is rather poor and there are some bugs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Black screen on Catalyst? What was in the error log?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      Black screen on Catalyst? What was in the error log?
      It is working perfectly on catalyst for me...

Comment

@michael

Maybe you need to go down to kernel 4.4 for fglrx. Did not check 4.5 yet. Look at "dkms status" and if it was build in dmesg.

Comment

Bug report for "shadows were jerky" https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=93594
          For me that makes the game unplayable. It's far too distracting.

Comment

Talos runs fine for me with Catalyst on a 285 under Ubuntu 15.10. (Standard configuration)

Comment

the good news is that r9 fury is now performing faster than r9 285

Comment

Huh. 35 fps at 4K. Would probably be completely playable at the resolution I play at.

Comment

I can't believe how fast the GTX 750 Ti is. Faster than a power hungry GTX 680!!!

Comment

>Catalyst had to be left out though since I was just getting a black screen when running it on the box with the proprietary driver enabled.

Michael if You could run the game under Catalyst to get a black screen and then send me the [Talos installation dir]/Log/Talos.log, I will try to reproduce it and report straight to Croteam's internal bugtracker, to which I've got access to.

Comment

Working...
                    X