Viewing LibreOffice Documents In GNOME Will Soon Be A Better Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing LibreOffice Documents In GNOME Will Soon Be A Better Experience

Phoronix: Viewing LibreOffice Documents In GNOME Will Soon Be A Better Experience

Viewing LibreOffice documents inside GNOME Documents (the Evince Viewer) will soon yield a better experience thanks to work accomplished this year as part of Google's Summer of Code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GNOME Documents is not Evince, they are completely separate applications.
    In this image, Evince on the left, GNOME Documents on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
      GNOME Documents is not Evince, they are completely separate applications.
      In this image, Evince on the left, GNOME Documents on the right.
      http://i.imgur.com/mJ2zcYL.png

I understood Michael to be saying that gd was using the evince viewer not that evince is part of gd.

Comment

ok, that is one slick GSoC result. more than often projects that seemed interesting ended in failure or partial implementation that never saw the light. this one went all the way. this year i know at least of 2, this one and Other locations for nautilus that were done absolutely professionally

Comment

Well I got to say GNOME is the best DE you can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
            Nice work. GNOME 3.18 will be another giant leap.
            this won't be in 3.18 yet. more like 3.20. if you read it up, main reason being it depends on LO5.1 which will be released a while after 3.18 hits. but, 3.18 has enough other additions that make me drool, Other locations being one of the best additions in time of Gnome 3

Comment

Working...
            X