Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam On Linux Continues Climbing Past 1,300 Games

Phoronix: Steam On Linux Continues Climbing Past 1,300 Games

With new games seeming to come over to Linux every day courtesy of Steam -- such as this week's Star Wars port -- we're now well past 1,300 games available for SteamOS/Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Borderlands 2 and Portal 2 both are great ports.

Comment

The only game I would like to see on SteamOS/Linux is GTA V

Comment

That's a lot more games than are available on your average console. I wonder how many of them actually run to an acceptable standard in practice, though...

...still - I'm looking forward to Steam Machines.

Comment

Waiting for a decent port of Batman Arkham Knight. With luck it becomes better than the mess they did on Windows. They had to stop sales.

Comment

I'm mostly rocking indie titles, myself. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Steamworld Dig, Rogue Legacy, Super Meat Boy, FTL, Heavy Bullets, Sportsfriends (OMG JS Joust is fun).
            Actually, because of Windows' bluetooth stack, Sportsfriends' JS Joust is only supported on Linux and Mac (uses PS Move Controllers heavily).

Comment

Played many cool indie games, but in last 6 months played Talos Principle and Europa Universalis the most

My kids like to play games like Trine 1/2, Action Henk, Coffin Dodgers... things like that.
              Last edited by dungeon; 22 July 2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I'm a bit addicted to ARK: Survival Evolved, and it is a very hungry graphics game, it will use OpenGL 4.x extensions when radeonsi has them available (Tessellation)

Comment

Playing indie games (FTL, Block That Matter, Bastion, Surgeon Simulator, Don't Starve, Super Meat Boy, ...) and recent games (Civilisation V, Civilisation: Beyond Earth, Cities: Skylines, DOTA 2, ...)

All that on my ATI card with the open-source drivers

Comment

"War Thunder" (though this exists outside the Steam universe, too), which is a flawless port, "Invisible, Inc.", "Transistor" and "Portal 2"

Comment

Working...
                    X