Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 0.19 Brings Improved Pointer Acceleration

Phoronix: Libinput 0.19 Brings Improved Pointer Acceleration

Peter Hutterer released version 0.19 of Libinput, the input handling library relied upon by Wayland compositors and optionally by the X.Org Server via the specialized xf86-input-libinput driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if this fixes two finger scrolling to have the same speeds / acceleration as the regular pointer. It was really strange having a nice and responsive cursor and then have a much slower clunkier speed when scrolling

Comment

I'll have to try 0.19 out, but my problem was always that there was never enough deceleration on high DPI devices to have anything close to sane mouse movements with them. I have a 6000 DPI mouse and even on its lowest DPI setting with 0.18, with pointer acceleration as low as it can go, it was still way too fast. I have constant deceleration in the old xorg-evdev driver at a factor of 5 to use the thing.

Comment

>acceleration

oh the thing most gamers avoid like plague... :V

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
          I'll have to try 0.19 out, but my problem was always that there was never enough deceleration on high DPI devices to have anything close to sane mouse movements with them. I have a 6000 DPI mouse and even on its lowest DPI setting with 0.18, with pointer acceleration as low as it can go, it was still way too fast. I have constant deceleration in the old xorg-evdev driver at a factor of 5 to use the thing.
          you have to tell udev your mouse dpi, here is a good instruction i followed https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme..._a_dpi/cmlxdxa
          after you have done that unplug and plug pack in your mouse and then it sould function much better with libinput

also the manual says that you should add the lowest dpi to the udev database but i added the highest that my mouse supported because it seems to work best like that

Comment

Originally posted by arti View Post
            you have to tell udev your mouse dpi, here is a good instruction i followed https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme..._a_dpi/cmlxdxa
            after you have done that unplug and plug pack in your mouse and then it sould function much better with libinput

also the manual says that you should add the lowest dpi to the udev database but i added the highest that my mouse supported because it seems to work best like that
            My mouse had three DPI levels, but I did all that, its highest is 3600 and its lowest is 1600. And I agree, it feels much nicer to run the mouse with its DPI at its highest and I even run it at he medium setting to get a bit more drag, combined with disabling acceleration. Feels pretty close to what I had with evdev.

Comment

Working...
            X