Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 222 Will Do Away With Its Accelerometer

Phoronix: Systemd 222 Will Do Away With Its Accelerometer

For the past four years in systemd there's been a Udev accelerometer helper for exposing the device orientation as a property. With the upcoming systemd 222 release, that will change and instead users taking advantage of device orientation information should switch to iio-sensor-proxy 1.0+...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are there any desktop monitors that use accelerometers? I think it makes a lot of sense for taking it out of systemd.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
      Are there any desktop monitors that use accelerometers? I think it makes a lot of sense for taking it out of systemd.
      There is rugged laptop with them, used as part of shock protection mechanism, so it actually see desktop use.
      Last edited by iniudan; 05 July 2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iniudan View Post
        There is roughed laptop with them, used as part of shock protection mechanism, so it actually see desktop use.
        Oh... OH! There is shock protection mechanism in laptops! I must have forgotten about that since I rarely used one.

Comment

Originally posted by iniudan View Post

There is rugged laptop with them, used as part of shock protection mechanism, so it actually see desktop use.
          Well not necessarily rugged, my HP EliteBook 755 G2 has one...

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post

Well not necessarily rugged, my HP EliteBook 755 G2 has one...
            Macbook Pro also had the accelerometer for fall detection HDD parking. Not sure if removed in the newest models though, now that SSD is standard. I think this was originally a "tough" laptop feature ala Panasonic Toughbook, but gained mainstream implementation, especially in business notebooks.

Comment

Working...
            X