Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvell Releases New Open-Source 802.11ac WiFi Driver

Phoronix: Marvell Releases New Open-Source 802.11ac WiFi Driver

On Christmas Eve, Marvell announced the release of a new open-source driver for one of its 802.11ac chips in cooperation with Linksys...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally.

Comment

Finally, yes!

Now I have a true candidate for replacing my current routers with a 100% free software unit. It might not have the latest WiFi technology but it is still has high performance CPU and all the benefits of OpenWRT.

Comment

Originally posted by Filiprino View Post
        Finally, yes!

Now I have a true candidate for replacing my current routers with a 100% free software unit. It might not have the latest WiFi technology but it is still has high performance CPU and all the benefits of OpenWRT.
        I'm fairly certain it does have the latest WiFi technologies (Wireless AC & 5GHz). The driver seems to be written pretty decently and comments explaining the logic of what they did are everywhere. Good for whoever wants to run OpenWRT on this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Filiprino View Post
          Finally, yes!

I will not be 100% free software since it use closed firmware.

I had problems downloading the attachment but this one works.
          Code:
          wget https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/attachments/20141224/f5b182b6/attachment-0001.obj -O mwlwifi-10.2.6.1.p4-20141224.tar.xz

Comment

Working...
          X