Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKXP: Open-Source, Linux Engine To RPG Maker XP

Phoronix: MKXP: Open-Source, Linux Engine To RPG Maker XP

MKXP is a fully open-source implementation of the Ruby Game Scripting System that's used by the popular Windows-focused RPG Maker XP game creation software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Lolwut.

Comment

This seems really interesting. Did you program it, Ancurio?

Comment

On a loosely related subject, do you know how the package for SDL2 TTF is named on Ubuntu? I'm trying to find it so I can build it, but I only found for 1.2.

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
          Yep, I did. Cmake build files and many patches were recently contributed by Edward Rudd from humble.

Comment

How can you even ask about that when the owner of github repo is Ancurio. Of course he programmed it and not only that but he is also the one that did Linux port of To The Moon.

The package that you are looking for is named libsdl-ttf2.0-dev and it's non development equivalent is libsdl-ttf2.0-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Bestia View Post
              How can you even ask about that when the owner of github repo is Ancurio. Of course he programmed it and not only that but he is also the one that did Linux port of To The Moon.

The package that you are looking for is named libsdl-ttf2.0-dev and it's non development equivalent is libsdl-ttf2.0-0.
              Do you know of a certain feature github has? It's called fork. He might just have had a personal fork to work on something in particular, and not be his project from the beginning.

For example, you can look up "Oppen" in github, which is my user name. There are three or four repos there, of which I only started one from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
                Do you know of a certain feature github has? It's called fork. He might just have had a personal fork to work on something in particular, and not be his project from the beginning.
                I overlooked the forking part of git but then again forked repos are clearly labeled. Looking at your Metapad repo there is this info:

Oppen / metapad
                forked from alexd/metapad

Comment

MRI

Matz's Ruby Interpreter, also called CRuby, is the most widely deployed version of ruby. If you're interested in running games created with RPG Maker XP, this is the one you should go for. MRI 1.8 is what was used in RPG Maker XP, however, this binding is written against 2.0 (the latest version). For games utilizing only the default scripts provided by Enterbrain, this binding works quite well so far. Note that there are language and syntax differences between 1.8 and 2.0, so some user created scripts may not work correctly.

For a list of differences, see: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...8-and-ruby-1-9
                  What about a 100% compatible binding? I would prefer a more compatibility goal, so we can play all RPG Maker XP games under Linux natively

Comment

Originally posted by Bestia View Post

Dude, be nice! If you are wondering something, asking someone is a good way to find out. Even if it might be possible to go research things without ever talking to another human being that doesn't mean you have to do so.

Comment

Working...
                    X