Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Switch To The New Phoronix.com Server

Phoronix: The Switch To The New Phoronix.com Server

If you're seeing this message here, you have reached our new server for Phoronix.com. The new server for Phoronix.com as part of the new Phoronix Media infrastructure for empowering OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, etc, went live this afternoon on 20 November...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It seems to be mostly OK so far, but I did notice one thing:

The "Comments and Discussion" link on the bottom of all the articles I tried returns:

Code:
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'phoronix_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/phoronix/public_html/news2forums.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/phoronix/public_html/news2forums.php:5) in /home/phoronix/public_html/news2forums.php on line 5
    I can get here from the link on the top, and the links on the sidebar however. I

Comment

Problem

There is a very big problem with the new server. On any multi-page article, attempting to view any page except the first displays the first page instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Plombo View Post
        There is a very big problem with the new server. On any multi-page article, attempting to view any page except the first displays the first page instead.
        Fixed now I think... Very interesting bug. I have no idea how it happened, or rather how the old site even managed to work with the PHXCMS content management system I wrote. When connecting to the new server, I couldn't even find the line of PHP that reads the $_GET variable used for reading the page number from the URL... so that variable was never defined on the new server. It somehow magically went missing in the migration I guess.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Up and running

I'll click a few ads just to make people happy!

Comment

BTW, is anyone getting the vBulletin email notifications? I'm not so I think that might be down...
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Fixed now I think... Very interesting bug. I have no idea how it happened, or rather how the old site even managed to work with the PHXCMS content management system I wrote. When connecting to the new server, I couldn't even find the line of PHP that reads the $_GET variable used for reading the page number from the URL... so that variable was never defined on the new server. It somehow magically went missing in the migration I guess.
              Did you have magic globals on with the old server? It's off by default on all newer distros (and removed entirely in newer versions of PHP), which would explain why a newer server would make it suddenly stop working.

Comment

Oh, also -- new server is definitely way faster.

I'm assuming most users are seeing the new server by now and this isn't just because the new server has unusually low traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
                  Did you have magic globals on with the old server? It's off by default on all newer distros (and removed entirely in newer versions of PHP), which would explain why a newer server would make it suddenly stop working.
                  No, I've had magic globals off for a couple years now. Ah well, it's working now, I just hope all other pages are working fine without bugs... Anyone's free to click away!
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

It seems to load pages a little bit faster. The real test will come on the next big traffic news though.

Comment

Working...
                    X