Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 11 Plagued With Another Delay

Phoronix: Fedora 11 Plagued With Another Delay

Last week Red Hat had to announce that the release of Fedora 11 would be be faced by a last minute delay due to a number of show-stopping bugs that had to be resolved in time. Fedora 11 was then supposed to make it out in the first week of June, but we have now heard that there is another delay facing Fedora 11. Due to an Anaconda storage bug, Red Hat has pushed back the release of Fedora 11 by one more week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to hear, best to get it right.

Comment

Given the amount of features, it will be nice even if it takes mid-June. Making GCC-4.4.0 work completely across the distribution is an achievement in itself. Would have been wonderful if they targeted kernel 2.6.30 too.

I hope it is stable and bug-free when it is out.

(PS: I don't use Fedora, but I really appreciate the effort behind it.)

Comment

Like this they will release it with xorg-7.5
        Just kidding, everything should be out when is ready rather than after a strict time limit.

Comment

Originally posted by hdas View Post
          Given the amount of features, it will be nice even if it takes mid-June. Making GCC-4.4.0 work completely across the distribution is an achievement in itself. Would have been wonderful if they targeted kernel 2.6.30 too.

I hope it is stable and bug-free when it is out.

(PS: I don't use Fedora, but I really appreciate the effort behind it.)
          It won't be released with 2.6.30 but 2.6.30 will come as an update once it is considered stable (Fedora does rebase the kernel in stable releases).

Fedora 10 uses 2.6.27 but 2.6.29 is already in updates-testing (I am using it right now, works just fine).

Comment

Working...
          X