Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird 3 Coming To Fedora 11

Phoronix: Thunderbird 3 Coming To Fedora 11

Fedora 11 is reaching an impressive number of accepted features. Beyond introducing Intel and NVIDIA kernel mode-setting, Nouveau becoming the default NVIDIA driver, and a new volume control interface, there will be a plethora of package updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how people can live with all the breakage in this distro. I guess most of them are developers.

Comment

Guhh, they're doing almost everything I want Ubuntu to do.
      You know, I'm going to keep telling people about Ubuntu (and wearing my Ubuntu hoodie), but for my personal use.. I may just have to go with Fedora instead..

..but then, let's be honest; until Thunderbird supports proper conversation threading, gmail is better.

Comment

Sounds nice. But risky, so I don't mind waiting half a year to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
          Guhh, they're doing almost everything I want Ubuntu to do.
          You know, I'm going to keep telling people about Ubuntu (and wearing my Ubuntu hoodie), but for my personal use.. I may just have to go with Fedora instead..
          That is exacly my situation

I use Fedora, but recommend Ubuntu to others. I think the Fedora artwork can scare anyone away

Comment

Well most of what is now new in Fedora will be part of the next version of the other major distros. It seems as if Fedora is more and more becoming the test bed for new technologies that then move to become standard upstream in the next cycle(s).

Comment

If anyone are too lazt to download the nightly build from

and fire it up under an another account than your default (just for safely), then check out this blog:

and scroll down a bit, and you will see the most amazing new features in action.

I welcome Thunderbird 3 (beta) in Fedora 11, even if it means I will have to give up on a few extensions.

Comment

Working...
              X