Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 3.1 Officially Released

Phoronix: LLVM 3.1 Officially Released

After a week-long hiatus, LLVM 3.1 has been officially released...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTEwNTM

Interesting that Gentoo now has Tier 1 support (they are providing binaries for gentoo).

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
      Interesting that Gentoo now has Tier 1 support (they are providing binaries for gentoo).
      That seems a bit redundant seeing as any Gentooer worth their salt would be compiling for themselves anyway

Comment

is there a debian repo for 3.1?

Comment

- still doesn't build by default with gcc (uses -fno-rtti even though it needs RTTI, bug present since 2.9 at least), requires Makefile hacking
          - still doesn't install the clang static analyzer, have to copy manually

+ this time no toolchain path hacking needed, it actually found the gcc/glibc init files

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            - still doesn't build by default with gcc (uses -fno-rtti even though it needs RTTI, bug present since 2.9 at least), requires Makefile hacking
            - still doesn't install the clang static analyzer, have to copy manually

+ this time no toolchain path hacking needed, it actually found the gcc/glibc init files
            Hmm... I've had no problems doing a stock build (./configure && make && make install) of 3.1 branch checkouts of LLVM/Clang using gcc. Admittedly, I haven't tried with the released 3.1, so maybe they broke it again...

System: Mint 12 x64

Comment

No problems with arch's llvm-svn package from AUR edited to build the final svn tag either but it is build with
              Code:
              make REQUIRES_RTTI=1
              so this could be relevant.

Comment

Yep, Gentoo does the same. That's exactly the issue I mean.

Comment

Working...
                X