Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GCC 4.4.5 Brings Bug-Fixes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GCC 4.4.5 Brings Bug-Fixes

    Phoronix: GCC 4.4.5 Brings Bug-Fixes

    While GCC 4.5 has been around since this past April, if you are still living with GCC 4.4 for whatever reason (like being hit with a massive performance regression), you may be pleased to know that on this Sunday afternoon there is the GCC 4.4.5 release that's now available. GCC 4.4.5 was delayed a bit, but it's here and offers up bug-fixes but no major new features...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODY0OQ

  • #2
    if you are still living with GCC 4.4 for whatever reason
    E.g. because you're using Ubuntu, because even Ubuntu 10.10 will still use GCC 4.4 by default.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      E.g. because you're using Ubuntu, because even Ubuntu 10.10 will still use GCC 4.4 by default.
      I don't think Ubuntu users (in general) care tbh. They just want a nice and easy preconfigured Linux OS.

      It's the part of the Linux users that want to configure everything themselves that cares.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
        I don't think Ubuntu users (in general) care tbh. They just want a nice and easy preconfigured Linux OS.

        It's the part of the Linux users that want to configure everything themselves that cares.
        Even on Ubuntu, you can configure everything the way you like. My 10.10 system has GCC4.5 on it, and I have recompiled some stuff (like the kernel) using it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
          Even on Ubuntu, you can configure everything the way you like. My 10.10 system has GCC4.5 on it, and I have recompiled some stuff (like the kernel) using it.
          True, but that wasn't my point. My point was that Ubuntu users generally won't be interested wheter they have the latest GCC or not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
            Even on Ubuntu, you can configure everything the way you like. My 10.10 system has GCC4.5 on it, and I have recompiled some stuff (like the kernel) using it.
            Are there any real advantages to building the kernel with gcc 4.5.x vs 4.4.x, I haven't been able to find anything apart from the problems that Mozilla had with it.

            Comment


            • #7
              In more awesome news, GHC 7.0 hit RC

              Comment

              Working...
              X