Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Solaris Express Developer 9/07

Phoronix: Sun Solaris Express Developer 9/07

The quarterly release of Solaris Express Developer Edition is now available for download. Among the new features in Solaris Express Developer Edition 9/07 is a new Solaris installer, a GUI utility for DTrace with Sun Studio 12, and many updated packages. In this article at Phoronix we have some screenshots from SXDE 9/07 as well as information on some of the other changes and our thoughts.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11139

That really looks fantastic. It makes me wanting to DL and install it. But I think I should wait for Project Indiana (Preview / Beta). Project Indiana will get updates as far as I know, too. And fglrx / radeonhd don't support Solaris yet (well, if I look at the last radeonhd commit I am not sure...). It is nice to have drivers (nvidia) and Flash etc. with it, but who needs the RealPlayer?

I will "stay hard" and (can't) wait for Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      That really looks fantastic. It makes me wanting to DL and install it. But I think I should wait for Project Indiana (Preview / Beta). Project Indiana will get updates as far as I know, too. And fglrx / radeonhd don't support Solaris yet (well, if I look at the last radeonhd commit I am not sure...). It is nice to have drivers (nvidia) and Flash etc. with it, but who needs the RealPlayer?

I will "stay hard" and (can't) wait for Indiana
      RadeonHD actually works with Solaris It will be covered more in an upcoming article.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Share your Solaris experiences in the Phoronix Forums.
        The link in there takes you to the NVIDIA section.

RadeonHD actually works with Solaris.
        w00t!

Comment

Radeon free driver

And what's about those elder R300?

I know that the X-part should work fine. But what's about the kernel part?

Comment

Working...
          X