• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem after installing solaris in oracle virtual box in v 4.0.2

Hi All
    i have installed Solaris 10/09 os in oracle virtual box 4.0.2

Im facing following problems as mentioned below
    1. I have installed usb driver and network driver for the virtual box and i have successfully installed the extension packs also . while logging in to virtual machine
    it captures my usb keyboard and usb mouse ,it not allows them to access the application of host os(windows xp) until i logout from virtual machine.

2.Usb mouse is working in virtual machine but im not able to see the mouse pointer and then i can identify the mouse movement when mouse acceleration is very slow.

3.I can't able configure Internet connection for virtual machine in default adapter NAT.when i change the setting to host only network adapter
    VM doesn't boot it runs continuously with the message conflict with ip address

4.Can't able to adjust the screen resolution more than 800 x 600 .

Can you suggest me the solution for all these problems

Why don't you install the Solaris Guest Addons?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Why don't you install the Solaris Guest Addons?
      Kano thanks for ur reply i have installed solaris guest addons also ie. extpack .. other than this anyother add on is ther can u sugest me

Comment

guest addons are for the client, has nothing to do with the extpack for the host. btw. why don't you use bridged mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          guest addons are for the client, has nothing to do with the extpack for the host. btw. why don't you use bridged mode?
          u meaned to say bridged network kano ?

Comment

Originally posted by venkat7819 View Post
            u meaned to say bridged network kano ?
            im a bigginer so can u explain me clearly kano

Comment

Working...
            X