Running The Native ZFS Linux Kernel Module, Plus Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    You've agreed with the most famous troll from osnews.com.
    And this post makes you what?

I would stand up for people when they say something right. Troll or not! Amazing what bias can do to our thought process and responses.

And then there are people like you. Who label others just for their strong beliefs. Shame on you!

Comment

Native ZFS on Ubuntu and Fedora Linux

KQ Infotech has officialy made available the source code for native ZFS linux modules.
      More info at kqstor.com

You can create and install packages for Ubuntu (Debian) and Fedora Linux using the tutorial at blog.vx.sk.

Comment

Any plans to compare the latest zfs-on-linux code from LLNL (as opposed to KQI code you used earlier)? It runs stable on 2.6.38 here.

http://zfsonlinux.org/

Comment

Originally posted by devsk View Post
          Any plans to compare the latest zfs-on-linux code from LLNL (as opposed to KQI code you used earlier)? It runs stable on 2.6.38 here.

http://zfsonlinux.org/
          Nice find, how does it compare to the latest stable BTRFS all up?
          I'm sure it's much more featureful, but aside from that how does it compare.

Comment

Originally posted by jalyst View Post
            Nice find, how does it compare to the latest stable BTRFS all up?
            I'm sure it's much more featureful, but aside from that how does it compare.
            The project is in nascent state but stable. Stability not performance has been the goal so far.

Performance will improve with time. In my experience, its definitely better than zfs-fuse at this time but not upto BTRFS or ext4.

Reads scale well in RAIDZ.

Comment

Originally posted by devsk View Post
              The project is in nascent state but stable. Stability not performance has been the goal so far.

Performance will improve with time. In my experience, its definitely better than zfs-fuse at this time but not upto BTRFS or ext4.

Reads scale well in RAIDZ.
              Thanks for clarifying!
              Might have a closer look in a yr or so, after I've played much more with BTRFS etc.

Comment

Working...
              X