Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korona Brings KDE 4.3 To OpenSolaris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    I think this is something that KDE does lack, it seems like I heard of an effort a while ago to support the same API Gnome was using inside QT, but I don't know what the status of that is. Hopefully the Gnome tools will work with KDE soon.
    http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-accessib...5660802716&w=2
    http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/releas...st/003286.html

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by vermaden View Post
      English is not my native language, but I'm doing my best
      Of course I was not blaming you for your english. I'm non-native speaker too, so I know how difficult it is to learn a new language.

      That was just to say: if you can admit you ignore some things about english you can admit you ignore some of the internals of fonts rendering too...

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Hmm, it looks butt-ugly. I suppose the widget styles (Oxygen, etc) won't work yet?
        Hi, here's the Korona author speaking :-)
        What you see is KDE default theme, Korona's KDE has zero adjustments from defaults, its just OpenSolaris plus KDE packages and autologin set to KDE, nothing else. Deciding on the ugliness of the default theme is pretty subjective, but I don't particularly like it too.
        The widget styles work just fine, it takes two-three clicks to change it.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by vermaden View Post
          What a MESS with font rendering, they look like shit:

          When KDE developers will learn this?
          Hi, this is Korona's author here.
          By default, font aliasing is set to system's settings, but somehow it fails to share the gnome settings and is turned off. We haven't investigated it much, since it only takes two clicks to turn it on.
          You can check the known issues at http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE...Solaris/Status

          We've reached the point when we're able to build vast majority of KDE only recently, so only now we're turning to investigate the crashes and other issues.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by hajma View Post
            Hi, here's the Korona author speaking :-)
            What you see is KDE default theme, Korona's KDE has zero adjustments from defaults, its just OpenSolaris plus KDE packages and autologin set to KDE, nothing else. Deciding on the ugliness of the default theme is pretty subjective, but I don't particularly like it too.
            The widget styles work just fine, it takes two-three clicks to change it.
            Actually, the default style is Oxygen and the default Plasma theme is Air. So I guess you're doing something wrong.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Actually, the default style is Oxygen and the default Plasma theme is Air. So I guess you're doing something wrong.
              WTF are you talking about? That's what's shown in the screenshots.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by krazy View Post
                WTF are you talking about? That's what's shown in the screenshots.
                Edit:
                No wait, that's Firefox, lol. I didn't notice. I got so used to my Firefox looking nice that I totally forgot about it looking like ass without a KDE-friendly Gtk style.
                Last edited by RealNC; 08-22-2009, 12:36 AM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by panda84 View Post
                  Uh, and search for Kubuntu in this and several other forums. You'll get how good is their implementation. Try Arch or Slackware. If you're able to, of course.
                  I always repeat - Kubuntu's KDE is buggy compared to Arch.

                  @Vermaden

                  I stick to BSDs mostly and learning OpenSolaris from time to time, Linux is dissapointing me, I am tired of its mess geenrally.
                  Who's interested? I'm tired of BSD and OpenSolaris mess and they're disappointing me, but who cares? Wanna another flame?! Grow up...
                  Last edited by kraftman; 08-22-2009, 03:47 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    @kraftman

                    To paraphrase your post:

                    Who's interested? I'm tired of Linux mess and its disappointing me, but who cares? Wanna another flame?! Grow up...

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by vermaden View Post
                      @kraftman

                      To paraphrase your post:

                      Who's interested? I'm tired of Linux mess and its disappointing me, but who cares? Wanna another flame?! Grow up...
                      You've got the point

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X