AMD Shanghai Opteron: Linux vs. OpenSolaris Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by llama View Post
    Yeah, sorry, I was feeling snarky. I think we just have different ways of thinking about computers. I still don't understand how you use your way of understanding things in practice, which is why I gave some examples of how I use my way. I take back the "polite way of saying that" comment, because there's no reason for me to assume your way doesn't work well for you.
    No problem.

Anyway, Ive told you what I consider scalability is, and you dont agree with that. Lets stop there? We both agree that GNU/Linux and OpenSolaris are good working OSes with lots of users. Lets stop there. I think GNU/Linux is great and Ive learned much from it. Maybe in the future I switch to GNU/Linux or GNU/Solaris. Even SUN seems to agree that GNU is the way to go, as OpenSolaris is more like GNU than Solaris. The only result from this coopetition of GNU/Linux and GNU/Solaris will be that we sit in the middle and choose which OS and which tech we like.

And besides, it's friday today! I will drink a beer for you Linux guys, so if you suddenly feel a bit drunk, that beer came from me! I really wish you a nice weekend with lots of beer and sex!

Comment

• Originally posted by kebabbert View Post
      No problem.

Anyway, Ive told you what I consider scalability is, and you dont agree with that. Lets stop there?
      Sure, I'd be happy to.

And besides, it's friday today! I will drink a beer for you Linux guys, so if you suddenly feel a bit drunk, that beer came from me! I really wish you a nice weekend with lots of beer and sex!
      Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X