No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Phone OTA-9 Makes Available New Features, Finally Has Custom Ringtones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously considering getting the Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition since it is a great phone on it's own. It's just a little difficult to get in Canada and the dollar is crap right now.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      Seriously considering getting the Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition since it is a great phone on it's own. It's just a little difficult to get in Canada and the dollar is crap right now.
      There might be a converged phone shown at MWC 2016, tablet is confirmed and there are rumors of BQ Aquaris X5 Plus with Ubuntu, the converged phone will be also made by BQ and I believe they ship internationally now, dont know about network frequencies in Canada, whether they are compatible with European ones. I have Aquaris E4.5 but I am really interested in the converged phone, tablet not really as I wont be able to afford both, I hope the converged phone will be in a reasonable price range. Even if the converged phone is shown in February it is unlikely it will go on sale before April, maybe we should start saving money right now

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I loled so hard... Thanks.
        I second that! It was hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

The title of this site, according to the HTML code: " Linux Hardware Reviews, Open-Source Benchmarks & Linux Performance - Phoronix"

Last time I checked, Ubuntu was a Linux distro. How is it not relevant to this site? And if we only care about relevance, why even have Phoronix in the first place? On the desktop, it's still considerably less relevant (using your apparent definition of "relevance" by marketshare) than Windows or Mac OS X.
          Accordingly to both HTML and text content of my previous post, it is about "Ubuntu Phone", not "Ubuntu" or "Ubuntu server".

Then, the original post can hardly be about "Linux Hardware Reviews, Open-Source Benchmarks & Linux Performance". Isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Uqbar View Post

Accordingly to both HTML and text content of my previous post, it is about "Ubuntu Phone", not "Ubuntu" or "Ubuntu server".

Then, the original post can hardly be about "Linux Hardware Reviews, Open-Source Benchmarks & Linux Performance". Isn't it?
            Ubuntu Touch is a Linux OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post

Ubuntu Touch is a Linux OS.
              Sure! The original post is about Ubuntu Phone, anyway and it is not about "Linux Hardware Reviews, Open-Source Benchmarks & Linux Performance".
              It's about something irrelevant done by a struggling company.
              Of course you can post whatever you want in this website (Michael) and forum (users). Not just generic Linux, Hardware and Open-Source. Car races, hair fashion, movie stars and ... Ubuntu Phone.
              I just fear that this wonderful publication looses its focus to gain some attention.

Comment

Sure! The original post is about Ubuntu Phone, anyway and it is not about "Linux Hardware Reviews, Open-Source Benchmarks & Linux Performance".
                It's about something irrelevant done by a struggling company.
                Of course you can post whatever you want in this website (Michael) and forum (users). Not just generic Linux, Hardware and Open-Source. Car races, hair fashion, movie stars and ... Ubuntu Phone.
                I just fear that this wonderful publication looses its focus to gain some attention.
                Just about every major Linux portal I seen writes about Ubuntu phones, some more and some less but all of them write about it, Phoronix is not an exception. For them it is a relevant topic. And I dont see how occasional news about Ubuntu/SailfishOS/FirefoxOS phones will make Phoronix lose its focus as 95% of news on Phoronix are not related to phones.

Comment

Just about every major Linux portal I seen writes about Ubuntu phones, some more and some less but all of them write about it, Phoronix is not an exception. For them it is a relevant topic. And I dont see how occasional news about Ubuntu/SailfishOS/FirefoxOS phones will make Phoronix lose its focus as 95% of news on Phoronix are not related to phones.
                  Totally agree, but someone mentionned breaking news about 'cp'... where are they? I love this command!

Comment

Just about every major Linux portal
                    This portal is about Hardware, Benchmarks and Performances, accordingly to its <TITLE> tag and its past history.
                    Since some time now, it's trying to be more appealing with this kind of "news".
                    Anyway, even the official Ubuntu Phone website is missing that OTA-9 piece of news, not to talk about Linux.COM, LWN, LinuxToday, Linux.Slashdot and Linux Insider.
                    Surely I am missing something, indeed. But that Ubuntu Phone piece of news doesn't smells as a relevant one. Not even as a secondary one.
                    And it's not about the main aims of this portal.
                    Michael is trying hard to get more and more visits. But I fear that won't happen with obscure, behind the scene news.
                    There seems to more about VIM and nmap then.

Comment

This portal is about Hardware, Benchmarks and Performances, accordingly to its <TITLE> tag and its past history.
                      Yes. Which is why Ubuntu Phone is relevant.
                      Last I checked, it runs on hardware and hardware requires software.

I honestly don't get the hatred for Ubuntu Phone. GNU/Linux is finally having its own mobile OS and self-styled Linux geeks are like "Kill it! Kill it with fire!!"

Never even mind that Ubuntu Phone is all about convergence and a universal experience, similar to Microsoft Continuum, therefore making it relevant for desktop usage as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X