No announcement yet.

Hacking Express gate (Asus Splashtop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I've tried to edit the version file, but nothing seems to happen! I tried the commands dd of=version bs=1 seek=32 count=0 and it shows 0+0 records in, 0+0 records out
    What does this mean?
    Booting up Express Gate still gives Installation is not complete.

Comment

• Read the whole topic and find where some advanced user (don't remember whom exaclty) was posting about using dd for windows, and cutting version file to the length of 32 bytes, which should disable built-in ExpressGate *.sqx files integrity check.

Comment

• Yes, I've tried that and got that result in the previous post.

Comment

• I tried the commands dd of=version bs=1 seek=32 count=0
          That command is not right for what you need

I think you'd better try
          dd if=version of=version32 bs=32 count=1
          and then move "version" to some safe place and rename "version32" to "version".

Comment

• Now it starts up, although it brings up a black screen. Did I edit the wrong file? What file am I supposed to unsquash and edit? What lines should be changed?

Comment

• brings up a black screen
              Means you did something wrong. I can't help you there, as I don't know how to change resolution myself. Try asking linux-guru somewhere on irc or jabber-conferences, as there are just X.org and configuration is the same as in normal linux.

Comment

• I tried to use Terminal to edit xorg.conf inside Express Gate, but I can't seem to do so. After I cd into /etc, I tried to sudo nano xorg.conf, but it doesn't work. I've tried sudo gedit too, but it's not working! Can anyone help?

Does anyone know how I can add resolution modes so that I can switch to 1920x1080?

Comment

• I tried to use Terminal to edit xorg.conf inside Express Gate
                  You cant edit anything inside EG. The content of / is located at RAM disk and is temporarily. The only method to do so is unsquash -> edit -> re-squash packages in asus.sys folder.

Comment

• Then can I know how to add resolution modes?

Comment

• Then can I know how to add resolution modes?
                      As I said - I don't know how to do it.

If you manage to find information about that - please post it here, or at least your modified bs-tinyx.sqx or bs-xorg.sqx or whatever you might change.

Comment

Working...
                      X