No announcement yet.

Hacking Express gate (Asus Splashtop)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess there can be something wrong with compression-settings. Try switching it off.

And of course don't forget to cut version file to 32 bytes

Comment

• I can't seem to find an older version of mksquashfs for Windows. Anyone has a link?

Comment

• @SynchronE, I'm quite sure ASUS used 131032 bytes block size to compare since the block size number is the same as when I extracted if I used that

Comment

• Anyway, I succeeded with this version (cygwin libs included)
          And this xterm packet made with those squashfs tools

Comment

• I've tried using the version at the above post and used the booleans -noappend and -nolzma to get the filesize as close to the original one and then replaced the original file in ASUS.SYS. However, I am still getting Installation is not complete and I can't use Express Gate. I have edited the xorg.conf in bs-xorg-1.6.0.sqx/etc. I changed Modes from "1280x800" to "1920x1080" under Section "Screen". Is what I did correct to change the resolution or is there other files I must edit in order to do so? Please provide assistance.

Comment

• And of course don't forget to cut version file to 32 bytes
              Did you do this?

Comment

• Making the byte size to 32 will make the file size larger than the original file. Using the largest byte size will give an almost equal filesize.

Comment

• Bumping. Anyone?

Comment

• Making the byte size to 32 will make the file size larger than the original file. Using the largest byte size will give an almost equal filesize.
                    I meant "X:\ASUS.SYS\version" file. You should leave the first 32 bytes of it. Read the whole topic, someone already said that this is necessary

Comment

• What do you mean leave the first 32 bytes of it? What do I have to edit in the file?

Comment

• Okay, I've tried to edit the version file, but nothing seems to happen! I tried the commands dd of=version bs=1 seek=32 count=0 and it shows 0+0 records in, 0+0 records out
                        What does this mean?
                        Booting up Express Gate still gives Installation is not complete.

Comment

• Read the whole topic and find where some advanced user (don't remember whom exaclty) was posting about using dd for windows, and cutting version file to the length of 32 bytes, which should disable built-in ExpressGate *.sqx files integrity check.

Comment

• Yes, I've tried that and got that result in the previous post.

Comment

• I tried the commands dd of=version bs=1 seek=32 count=0
                              That command is not right for what you need

I think you'd better try
                              dd if=version of=version32 bs=32 count=1
                              and then move "version" to some safe place and rename "version32" to "version".

Comment

• Now it starts up, although it brings up a black screen. Did I edit the wrong file? What file am I supposed to unsquash and edit? What lines should be changed?

Comment

Working...
                                X