No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Has Two Phone Partners, Launching In 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually happy to hear these news.
    My wife has a bq Aquaris 4.5. I got it for 160Ä soon after launch.
    It is by no means a high end phone, but it is sturdy, and does not have a "cheap" feel. The performance and battery life are quite OK too.
    Another good point for bq was the way the updated android on the phone. It started out as a 4.0 device, but got all the updates up to 4.2.2. It's more than I can say for many other known brand phones. Last December it got a bugfix firmware update, which means that they did not drop support for it yet, even after one year.

If they keep this up I'm more than willing to give their Ubuntu phone a shot.

Comment

Sorry, this is off-topic, but is there any chance that clicking on the comments link could point to the first page of comments as it was before, and not the last comment? Itís really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
        Sorry, this is off-topic, but is there any chance that clicking on the comments link could point to the first page of comments as it was before, and not the last comment? Itís really annoying.
        Click the little blue icon, it will take you to the last unread comment.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
          Click the little blue icon, it will take you to the last unread comment.
          Iím not seeing any blue icon, and I donít want the last unread comment but the first page of commentsÖ

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
            Iím not seeing any blue icon, and I donít want the last unread comment but the first page of commentsÖ
            Oh, you mean the article on the main site, not the forums... Yea, it has an explicit "go to new post" appended to the end of the link.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              People are working on a slider keyboard Other Half for Jolla.
              I'm currently tracking some thread on the internet about making your own keyboard Other Half. However, unless that guy starts selling them and it's a good design, I'm still hoping for a more official one I can just buy.

Anyway, I'm excited for both Sailfish OS and Ubuntu Phone/Touch (especially the desktop docking thing I hear about). I really want a Linux UMPC with a keyboard. My current Android phone just isn't enough.

Comment

Working...
              X