Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSM DRM Will Support New Hardware In Linux 3.14

Phoronix: MSM DRM Will Support New Hardware In Linux 3.14

An early patch-set has been sent out by Rob Clark as he prepares the "MSM" DRM driver changes for the Linux 3.14 kernel. This open-source DRM graphics driver will support at least two new boards in the next kernel development cycle...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUzODI

Who is the downstream?

Originally posted by Rob Clark
    The apq8074 bits manage to get a bit of configuration from DT, since
    the downstream kernel for apq8x74 (snapdragon 800) devices is using
    DT.[freedesktop.org]
    Who is the downstream?

Comment

Originally posted by krach View Post
      Who is the downstream?
      ie. qualcomm's android kernel

Comment

What's going on with Adreno 225 support?

I'd be willing to donate/loan my S3 in June (maybe earlier if I can afford an ETF) if you don't have an MSM8960 device by then.

Comment

Originally posted by LLStarks View Post
          What's going on with Adreno 225 support?

I'd be willing to donate/loan my S3 in June (maybe earlier if I can afford an ETF) if you don't have an MSM8960 device by then.
          to be honest, I've not had much time to do much w/ a2xx.. I have been prioritizing a3xx a bit, mainly because (a) with apq8x74 I have a hope of getting something that will be working with an upstream kernel (and dealing with a different crappy ancient-kernel android device branch for each different device is a major slow-down), and (b) a3xx has the longest useful shelf-life ahead of it. A3xx still has plenty left on the to-do list, but I hope to find some time to add the kernel bits for a2xx, and maybe fix a few a2xx bugs here and there. But with a4xx coming at some point next year, I have my hands pretty full. Ofc patches always welcome :-)

Comment

Working...
          X