Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox OS 1.1 Improves Performance, Mobile Features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Firefox OS 1.1 Improves Performance, Mobile Features

    Phoronix: Firefox OS 1.1 Improves Performance, Mobile Features

    Mozilla released Firefox OS 1.1 today with better performance, new features, and what the firm says is hundreds of improvements...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ4MjA

  • #2
    Gotta' love it. I can't way to see Firefox OS mature, and hopefully get back to some of the original design ideas they had before partnering with Telefonica. My hope is that this is the Android 2.0 of FxOS's journey, at which point Android was quite a bit more limited. As the low-end gets even cheaper and more powerful than it is today, I'm sure we'll see a lot more of what makes the desktop web attractive built into FxOS.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by scionicspectre View Post
      Gotta' love it. I can't way to see Firefox OS mature, and hopefully get back to some of the original design ideas they had before partnering with Telefonica. My hope is that this is the Android 2.0 of FxOS's journey, at which point Android was quite a bit more limited. As the low-end gets even cheaper and more powerful than it is today, I'm sure we'll see a lot more of what makes the desktop web attractive built into FxOS.
      Well I think it is a lot easier to write parts of the OS because it is all HTML5. The difficult part(rendering engine, javascript engine and Linux) you don't have to worry about.

      Comment


      • #4
        I hope they make it to a lot of people and this platforms segmentation (android, ios, windows phone) ends. They have given great importance to webgl performance so it seems that even games can be ported to html5, and the great thing about this is that porting to firefox for most of it makes your application crossplatform.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheOne View Post
          I hope they make it to a lot of people and this platforms segmentation (android, ios, windows phone) ends. They have given great importance to webgl performance so it seems that even games can be ported to html5, and the great thing about this is that porting to firefox for most of it makes your application crossplatform.
          Yay for new versions of a crippled fork of android.

          html/javascript is no way to build applications. Only if you want to grow old and die while waiting for the first useful function to finish running.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
            Yay for new versions of a crippled fork of android.

            html/javascript is no way to build applications. Only if you want to grow old and die while waiting for the first useful function to finish running.
            2004 called it wants its javascript meme back.

            Comment

            Working...
            X