Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Edge Crosses $3.1M In Its First Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by verde View Post
    Windows 8 may be an absolutely-unfinished-touch only-crap desktop, but on mobile its very very well finished and functional.
    Windows 8 And Windows 8 phone are two completely unrelated OS's with different code bases.

    Comment


    • #52
      Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
      Windows 8 And Windows 8 phone are two completely unrelated OS's with different code bases.
      Wrong. Microsoft moved Windows Phone 8 to the NT kernel. The same NT kernel that powers Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. At the very least, there is no difference between Win 8 and WP8 at the kernel level anymore.

      Comment


      • #53
        Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        Wrong. Microsoft moved Windows Phone 8 to the NT kernel. The same NT kernel that powers Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. At the very least, there is no difference between Win 8 and WP8 at the kernel level anymore.
        No difference between them yeah right. Can you tell us to which NT kernel version they moved?

        Comment


        • #54
          Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
          No difference between them yeah right. Can you tell us to which NT kernel version they moved?
          Actually he is right. It probably is a version close to the one Win8 uses sinces that is when ARM support appeared (again). Aparrently sevelral of the components are also shared but i dobuth any of the Win32 api is there.

          Comment

          Working...
          X