Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarking Ubuntu Linux On The Google Nexus 10

Phoronix: Benchmarking Ubuntu Linux On The Google Nexus 10

After spending the better part of the past week running continuous open-source Linux benchmarks on the Exynos5-powered Google Nexus 10, the first extensive benchmark results for the Nexus 10 tablet running the Ubuntu Touch Developer Preview are now available. This performance comparison from Ubuntu on the dual-core ARM Cortex-A15 powered device is compared to numerous other ARMv7 and x86 devices. One of the interesting findings from this new round of ARM Linux testing is that the Google Nexus with its dual-core ARM SoC is competitive with AMD's first-generation Phenom Quad-Core processor for some demanding workloads.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is the OpenBenchmarking.org ID for this benchmark set?

Can you provide the Benchmark Name for these tests?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by minam1984 View Post
      Can you provide the Benchmark Name for these tests?

Thanks
      Clicking on the SVG graphs within the article should take you to the OB page.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Learned something new

Clicking on the SVG pictures didn't do anything, but I could pull it out of the image URL.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Clicking on the SVG graphs within the article should take you to the OB page.

Comment

Michael

I disabled adblock for this site , but clicking on the SVG graphs give me the same results as minam1984

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, i do like a lot this benchmarking but I want to read some more considerations as:

How many panda boards are needed to make a server as an intel i5 or i7 and what are their prices and of course then the energy costs too.

I am thinking in when we will see desktop computers with multi ARM boards - expandable - and cheap and noise free and with a lot of energy saving.

I hope it will come with ARM64 and some Panda or Exynos board or even future Rasberry Pi boards, but the question is how many boards are needed to have more or less the same performance than a i7 or i5, and what are the costs and the energy and of course what about the graphics with some Steam games tests I think you should add to this benchmarks.

Comment

Found it

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

compare command : phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1302259-FO-GOOGLEUBU68

You have to click on the very small openbenchmark icon in the svg images to get a link to the test page.

Comment

Originally posted by teroedni View Post
                Found it

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

compare command : phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1302259-FO-GOOGLEUBU68

You have to click on the very small openbenchmark icon in the svg images to get a link to the test page.

So some number between 10 to 20 Panda boards make an Intel i5 more or less

So it is worth a desktop Linux computer with 10 to 20 ARM SoCs perhaps slotted as RAM DIMMs in a Motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                X