Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UEFI Mode On Linux Still Bricking Samsung Laptops

Phoronix: UEFI Mode On Linux Still Bricking Samsung Laptops

It turns out the Samsung laptop issue whereby the hardware would become bricked when booting Linux in UEFI mode is not fixed. There were patches recently applied against the kernel that were supposed to address the problem, but it turns out that there are still problems ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    Hahahaha! We fixed it! Sure you did...
    let me guess. they don't have the laptops to test them with.

Comment

That was the most random picture ever.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
        That was the most random picture ever.
        I see them drinking beer, so there is consistency with Phoronix editorial pictures

Also they (workers) are kinda exhausted, which could had been caused by failure

It was a good editorial picture.

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
          let me guess. they don't have the laptops to test them with.
          I'm guessing that they inadvertently changed a firmware bit or some such in the laptop they were given for testing, and now it no longer behaves in the same manner, but they couldn't tell.

If you had to chase down a bug like this, you'd probably look like that picture, too.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
            I see them drinking beer, so there is consistency with Phoronix editorial pictures

Also they (workers) are kinda exhausted, which could had been caused by failure

It was a good editorial picture.
            That's drunk, sad Mario and Luigi.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
              That's drunk, sad Mario and Luigi.
              <-- that was the best part!

http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/22855.html ... So, yeah. Not Linux specific apparently. Worst case mass recall with Samsung taking the blame, best case UEFI gets the black eye it deserves.

Comment

Working...
              X