Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heroes of Newerth 3.0 Has Many Game Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heroes of Newerth 3.0 Has Many Game Changes

    Phoronix: Heroes of Newerth 3.0 Has Many Game Changes

    Heroes of Newerth, the game that's had a Linux client available from the start and back in 2009 excited many Linux gamers as we gave away thousands of early access keys to the game, has released a major new version of the game...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI4ODk

  • #2
    HON 3.0 is a great improvement over 2.0. However, the first time I played it today, I totally feeded, so I actually didn't enjoy the game that much. The graphics look much nicer indeed and also I like the fact that people who feed a lot, make it now less impossible for the rest of the team to win the game. It's a shame I still need to do some homework today....

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sverro2 View Post
      also I like the fact that people who feed a lot, make it now less impossible for the rest of the team to win the game. It's a shame I still need to do some homework today....
      huh? I thought that was only applied to casual mode?!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Detructor View Post
        huh? I thought that was only applied to casual mode?!
        I thought I read it somewhere... killing a feeder just gives a smaller reward than killing a player that had a killing streak.

        Comment


        • #5
          Despite their Linux support, I would not recommend this game.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Loafers View Post
            Despite their Linux support, I would not recommend this game.
            Informative......

            Now why wouldn't you recommend it?

            As a side, S2 Games have published all their games on linux, have they not? ie Savage and Savage 2 as well as HoN
            WEEEEEEEE!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
              Informative......

              Now why wouldn't you recommend it?

              As a side, S2 Games have published all their games on linux, have they not? ie Savage and Savage 2 as well as HoN
              For sure they published Savage and Savage 2 Linux clients. I remember playing them on Linux. *sigh* Ahhh good times. Actually, Savage 2 just appeared on Steam for Linux. Seems to have happened in the last few hours.

              [edit]:
              Savage 2 Linux client is here
              Savage 1 with SFE mod
              Last edited by ronybeck; 01-31-2013, 10:59 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sverro2 View Post
                HON 3.0 is a great improvement over 2.0. However, the first time I played it today, I totally feeded, so I actually didn't enjoy the game that much. The graphics look much nicer indeed and also I like the fact that people who feed a lot, make it now less impossible for the rest of the team to win the game. It's a shame I still need to do some homework today....
                That's not feeding.. *feeding* is intentionally killing your hero to give the other team money.. I'm sure you weren't doing that as that violates the rules.

                You can just call it "dieing excessively".. I had this problem too when I first started playing HoN, especially since I always love to play support with weak / intelligence heros and spend a good portion of my money on wards / courier upgrade / aura items / etc.

                It's because too many people have created "smurf" accounts and sub-accounts. This makes the 1500MMR bracket that everybody starts at, much more difficult than it should be.. After you play about 20 games or so, your MMR will drop down to about 1400 which is about where all new "average" players drop down to. At that point, the game gets a lot more fun.

                There are plenty of people who play at the 1600+MMR rating that go and create new accounts and then get matched with the newbies at 1500MMR... They do this because it makes their record look fantastic with plenty of annihilations, quad-kills, ridiculous winning streaks, etc. etc. Then they take that fantastic history record and go try to get into a good clan with it.. Not to mention that entire team annihilations by a single player is a good way to rack up a lot of silver coins.

                Sure, the matching isn't perfect... But it's still a ton better than the matching in DOTA for Warcraft II / Warcraft III where you were always randomly matched up against a few "buddies" who had been practicing together for months..

                Originally posted by Loafers View Post
                Despite their Linux support, I would not recommend this game.
                'Erm, why? It's the best MOBA out there. It's better than Dota 2.
                Last edited by Sidicas; 02-01-2013, 04:41 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  hmm I tried to play a couple of times tonight and each time I was unable to connect to their authentication server. Anyone else having the same issue?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
                    That's not feeding.. *feeding* is intentionally killing your hero to give the other team money.. I'm sure you weren't doing that as that violates the rules.

                    You can just call it "dieing excessively"
                    ty for the info. The definition of "feeding" seems to be very unclear.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X