Ubuntu 12.10 Sets To Make ARM Even Stronger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnc View Post
    I'm a bit surprised to see the idle power so high. I thought these things idled at like zero watts. I guess it depends on the governor of course.
    I doubt a full Ubuntu desktop system that is also polling an USB device can really "idle".

Also, while the SoC might (almost) idle, the Pandaboard also contains a whole bunch of peripheral chips that draw power too.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
      I'm a bit surprised to see the idle power so high. I thought these things idled at like zero watts. I guess it depends on the governor of course.
      i imagine Michael is using a monster hard drive to boot and run the tests and so drawing that 4watts just with that drive connected and running or his power meters crap OC or maybe the PandaBoard ES design is less than optimal ,it was primarily for development when it was released after all.
      Last edited by popper; 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Some regressions, but also some very impressive performance improvements which are twice as fast!

How about ARMv8 (64-bit) support?
        the Linaro membership do have some ARMv8 sample/dev boards ready and are working some patches but don't expect to see them any time soon as its mostly server related patches etc right now as i understand it, its not like you can buy any ARM v8 kit until next year or perhaps late December at best anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X