Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial MeeGo Test Release Available

Phoronix: Initial MeeGo Test Release Available

The first release of MeeGo, the operating system that's a joint effort by Intel and Nokia to marry the Linux-based Moblin and Maemo platforms, is now available. MeeGo is still far from being a readied product, but this first release is the bridging of the Moblin and Maemo repositories and spinning the first bootable ISO from that code-base, which will work with Intel Atom and Nokia N900 hardware...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODEyMA

"once I Return from Chernobyl"

Sounds like a good game title. Radioactive zombies roaming the streets of Chicago, all carrying Android-based phones.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Radioactive zombies roaming the streets of Chicago...
      ...and getting hired by AMD to code fglrx. Sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

Nah, that would make a boring game. I was thinking more along the lines of Phoromatic becoming self-aware and fighting the zombies.

I always felt that the Skynet vs Zombies theme had not been properly explored by the game and movie industries.

Comment

Yes it's a holiday in Canada, can you tell ?

Comment

Not at all...

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              Nah, that would make a boring game. I was thinking more along the lines of Phoromatic becoming self-aware and fighting the zombies.

I always felt that the Skynet vs Zombies theme had not been properly explored by the game and movie industries.
              Oh. My. Lord. I can't believe no one has really made such a game.

Mind if I learn game programming, find an artist, and release a game for Maemo/MeeGo with that idea?

(...on second thought, I might actually be serious...)

Comment

Heck, I'll even buy copies for my friends.

I had to revisit this thread just to see how we got from "Initial MeeGo Test Release" to "Skynet vs Zombies" in only 4 posts. Normally it takes at least a couple of pages to totally derail a thread

Comment

Working...
                X