Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me!
    i'm a newby... and i need a step by step help on these:

"When using the most recent driver package (rtl8192se_linux_2.6.0010.1211.2009.tar.gz) this does work with the 1201N netbook on both 32-bit and 64-bit Ubuntu. Building the driver is as sample as running make and then manually copying the wireless kernel driver to the appropriate location along with the RTL8191SE firmware (using make install was broken). After manually installing this driver the 802.11 b/g/n WiFi had worked without any problems, whether using an open or WPA/WPA2 connection."

Comment

Originally posted by Pseudobloguista View Post
      Please help me!
      i'm a newby... and i need a step by step help on these:

"When using the most recent driver package (rtl8192se_linux_2.6.0010.1211.2009.tar.gz) this does work with the 1201N netbook on both 32-bit and 64-bit Ubuntu. Building the driver is as sample as running make and then manually copying the wireless kernel driver to the appropriate location along with the RTL8191SE firmware (using make install was broken). After manually installing this driver the 802.11 b/g/n WiFi had worked without any problems, whether using an open or WPA/WPA2 connection."
      Hi, dowload the file from here by choosing RTL8191SE-VA2.
      Dbl click on it and it will be opened by File Roller. Drag the folder inside the archive obn your desktop. Start Terminal and:
      Code:
      cd Desktop
      cd rtl8192se_linux_2.6.0013.1204.2009
      sudo su
      make 
      make install
      reboot
      And that's it!
      Another thing when you will try your wireless make sure that you have WIFI turned ON (see the blue LED) !

Comment

Originally posted by mdalacu View Post
        Hi, dowload the file from here by choosing RTL8191SE-VA2.
        Dbl click on it and it will be opened by File Roller. Drag the folder inside the archive obn your desktop. Start Terminal and:
        Code:
        cd Desktop
        cd rtl8192se_linux_2.6.0013.1204.2009
        sudo su
        make 
        make install
        reboot
        And that's it!
        Another thing when you will try your wireless make sure that you have WIFI turned ON (see the blue LED) !
        It worked! Thank you very much.

Comment

It worked! Thank you very much.

Comment

bios resets...

Originally posted by mdalacu View Post
            Anyone ? Thx!
            Hi. I'm having similar problems: VERY often, when I restart the netbook, the BIOS will be reset. I'll have to go into BIOS and save settings, or press F2 to continue. That's VERY annoying.
            Apparently there's no problem when using Windows. I've sort of noticed that if I hibernate the netbook instead of shutting down or restarting, it goes around the problem and doesn't reset the BIOS.

I'm using Kubuntu 9.10 on a 1201n BIOS rev 318.

Anyone using same OS with same BIOS rev? Having this problem? I don't know whether the problem comes from the chipset that's yet to be fully supported, or whether it comes from my hardware. Please do give some feedback. Much appreciated!

Thanks.

Comment

Did you try to update your BIOS?

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                Did you try to update your BIOS?
                Rev 318 is latest.
                I cannot downgrade (tried).
                Tried flashing with same rev, it won't work.

Comment

I can not understand how the BIOS changes could be related to the OS, but still why don't you try with another distro, OpenSUSE for example, to see if it happens again?

Comment

I could try that.
                    Do you use it with linux? Do you have the same behaviour?

Comment

No no, I don't even have this netbook. I just find odd such behaviour.

Comment

Hoax or not, but obviously ASUS does "work better with windows"..

Comment

I don't get it... If Linux was preinstalled in their machines wouldn't work fine as well?

Comment

It's not. They ship it with a 7.

Comment

Yes and since they ship it they have to make it work properly with this specific OS. If they had been shipped it with Linux, obviously everything would work out of the box with Linux...
                              So the correct phrase is "ASUS work better with the OS of their preference".

Comment

Why don't you shut up and help instead of polluting the thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X