Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
    Or possibly due to a legal wrangle over platform definitions... Or because they can't get it to run... Or because M$ have bribed them to delay it... Or because Aliens are sabotaging it in an attempt to undermine Linux as a credible platform because it is so good it threatens their control... Or...

    We don't KNOW why they have been delayed, all we have is speculation and hearsay.
    ...which is very fun.

    Comment


    • #22
      Indeed it is...

      Damn Aliens!

      Comment


      • #23
        it'll come when it becomes obsolete on other platforms, replaced by newer versions.

        i'm hoping for something equally unlikely - fallout 3 for linux ;-)

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
          it'll come when it becomes obsolete on other platforms, replaced by newer versions.

          i'm hoping for something equally unlikely - fallout 3 for linux ;-)
          Gamebryo on linux, that'd be awesome! But lets not stop there, Im waiting for Gears of War 2 for Linux.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by xav1r View Post
            Gamebryo on linux, that'd be awesome! But lets not stop there, Im waiting for Gears of War 2 for Linux.
            Got to set your sights higher if you're going to idly speculate:

            I'm waiting for Xbox360 dashboard and X360OS for Linux! Drop a 360 in the old DVDRW and plug in a 360 controller or three and off we go!

            Comment


            • #26
              Major ut3 news

              MAJOR UT3 NEWS

              Originally posted by Beyondunreal
              You may have noticed the report a few days ago that Midway was dropping all "non-core" licenses. Well, we sent off an e-mail to Epic's Mark Rein to find out more. According to Mark, not only is Midway still publishing for and partnering with Epic, but they are also working together on a "major expansion for UT3". Here it is, straight from the horse's mouth:

              Our arrangement with Midway isn't a license but rather a straight publishing agreement and Midway is still very much the publisher of Unreal Tournament 3. In fact, we're working together on a major expansion to Unreal Tournament 3, that we expect will excite and grow our UT3 customer base which incidentally, now numbers over a million units sold-through world-wide.

              So far, no release plans or dates have been set. Will this be a retail package or a free download? Only time will tell.
              Source:
              Beyondunreal article

              Comment


              • #27
                Yeah, and don't forget Halo 4 on Linux!

                Comment


                • #28
                  I did know it! same as in UT2003 to UT2004! I still have my useless copy of UT2003 because UT2004 was launched shortly after I bought it (of course, I refused to buy UT2004 after that, no reimbursement, nothing). I can't stand that Epic launch a mediocre game and pretends me to buy the "enhanced" version after. I feel cheated again. I hope that "expansion" is free for UT3 owners or I will never play that game series.
                  Epic is starting to look like some EA games (and others) and movies where content is purposefully cut off from the main game/movie to justify "expansion/special dvd with extra" sales.
                  Last edited by marakaid; 10-20-2008, 03:59 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by marakaid View Post
                    I did know it! same as in UT2003 to UT2004! I still have my useless copy of UT2003 because UT2004 was launched shortly after I bought it (of course, I refused to buy UT2004 after that, no reimbursement, nothing). I can't stand that Epic launch a mediocre game and pretends me to buy the "enhanced" version after. I feel cheated again. I hope that "expansion" is free for UT3 owners or I will never play that game series.
                    Epic is starting to look like some EA games (and others) and movies where content is purposefully cut off from the main game/movie to justify "expansion/special dvd with extra" sales.
                    Odd. I bought UT2003 in 2003 when it was new, and then bought UT2004 in 2004, and they gave me something like 10$ rebate. I didn't mind, because UT2K3 was really good and UT2K4 made it better in every way.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by Forge View Post
                      Odd. I bought UT2003 in 2003 when it was new, and then bought UT2004 in 2004, and they gave me something like 10$ rebate. I didn't mind, because UT2K3 was really good and UT2K4 made it better in every way.
                      Me too. I mailed my rebate back to epic with no return address & just a note to let them know I was proud to support a linux game publisher. Over the next few years UT2004 was the game that just kept giving, with free updates & new content far beyond any reasonable expectation of that game's lifetime. Native 64-bit binary too (thanks ryan).

                      What a contrast to the situation today! A textbook study in how to dump all over your most loyal customers. That said I would rather wait 12 months for another UT release than some geriatric LGP port that I have to beg permission to play once I've bought it.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X