Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament 3 Running On Linux

Phoronix: Unreal Tournament 3 Running On Linux

For those Linux gamers that have been waiting almost a year to play Unreal Tournament 3, it looks like that day is finally getting close. Earlier this week Jeff Morris from Epic Games had confirmed on our forums that the UT3 Linux release will include their in-game UnrealEd Editor program...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yeah! The nice side effects of waiting so many months are:
    -retail game is cheaper,
    -computers upgraded or cheaper to get.
    I'm waiting to buy it!
    P.D. I still want to know what Ryan means when he said that we would not believe the reason of the delay.
    Last edited by marakaid; 18 September 2008, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marakaid View Post
      Yeah! The nice side effects of waiting so many months are:
      -retail game is cheaper,
      -computers upgraded or cheaper to get.
      I'm waiting to buy it!
      P.D. I still want to know what Ryan means when he said that we would not believe the reason of the delay.
      Yeah, same here !
      I'll just jump on a new computer and a copy of the game as soon as the linux client is out...
      I would have get a Q6600 with some 8800 GT a year ago. Now, I can get a Q9550 with a HD4870 for the same price, and the hope of having within a year an open-source driver to play UT3.

Comment

I can't believe my eyes :O Armageddon is coming

Now I have another reason (a very good one ;-) ) to replace my 8600GT with HD4850
        Last edited by Tares; 18 September 2008, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Wewt!

Not replacing my 8600gt though... 'cause it's in my laptop. But hey, it tanks etqw at highest settings

Comment

Not throwing away my 8 8600 GT either, because I just put it in my computer 2 weeks ago!

Now, when UT 3 Comes out: Bloody multiplayer carnage! Slaughter, yeah!

Comment

"Seriously, there's no conspiracy...so stop sending me email suggesting that Microsoft is paying to block this."

That's great to hear! If only other companies would put out official statements to clarify that..

I hope google buys valve. Can you imagine if gamers could all migrate to linux with only a steam install?

Comment

because they had to make sure that there was any kind of market after the start of LHC :]

Comment

Sorry, just can't get worked up over this anymore. Waaaay too late now.

Comment

i guess people who were waiting for ut3 already played it through. on other platforms.

Comment

Working...
                    X