Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Linux Games Are Most Important To You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

played doom3 and quake4 completely in linux . addictive games : frozen-bubble, neverputt, bzflag (on lan), cannonsmash (its a wonderful 3d table tennis game), chromium b.s.u., neverball (too difficult and frustrating for me ), armagetron(ad), supertux, pingus, and last but not the least, quake3arena. Sorry if I missed out on any, but in short, there I find no dearth of quality games in linux, eventhough I would like to have some more. And these games are by-and-large perfect - I had nothing more to ask.

Speaking of wine, I have also played the entire game of portal through steam. Occasionally slow, but by-and-large very good. Pretty amazing how far wine has come. I was also amazed when one of the racing games I am addicted to - test drive unlimited, ran near perfectly on wine 0.9.55 (too bad it got borked later in 0.9.57, and guess it was fixed in wine 1.1.0) - a beautiful game, but it seems badly ported from console to pc. Although I don't play Need for Speed any more, last time I saw nfs underground play very well.
    Last edited by hdas; 08-31-2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

* both Penumbra titles
      * Eschalon Book 1
      * Penny Arcade (...) - Episode 1
      * Postal 2 Multiplayer
      * Planeshift
      * FreeCiv

Comment

ETQW
        Quake IV
        Doom 3
        UT2K4
        NWN
        Eschalon Book I
        Majesty Gold
        Heretic II
        Kohan Immortal Sovereign

Those are the Linux-native titles I play, but the vast majority of my time playing games is spent playing WoW through Wine as well as The Orange Box titles. I'm also quite addicted to Peggle and the Oddworld compilation available through Steam.

Comment

ioquake3
          Openarena
          Tremulous
          Darkplaces
          Nexuiz
          Blobwars: Metal Blob Solid
          Wesnoth
          Nethack

Comment

I just played Nexuiz for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and I'm hooked. I was always hesitant because the screenshots didn't look too good. Now that I've played it, I like it more than Warsow and Alien Arena combined. It's a really fun game, and the graphics are much better than I anticipated.

The funny part is, I wouldn't have tried it had I not seen the YouTube videos of it.

Oh, and the best game on Linux is clearly Neverball

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
              I just played Nexuiz for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and I'm hooked. I was always hesitant because the screenshots didn't look too good. Now that I've played it, I like it more than Warsow and Alien Arena combined. It's a really fun game, and the graphics are much better than I anticipated.

The funny part is, I wouldn't have tried it had I not seen the YouTube videos of it.

Oh, and the best game on Linux is clearly Neverball
              How could I've forgotten Neverball/Neverputt? :/

Comment

Alpha Centauri, Majesty, Kohan, Nexuiz and X.

Comment

UT2K4
                  Ennemy Territory : Quake Wars
                  Teeworlds (formely known as "Teewars")

Comment

By order of importance:
                    1. X2/3. (My wife will divorce me one day because of this game...)
                    2. ETQW.
                    3. UT2K4.
                    4. Doom3. (When I need a good scare...)
                    5. Wine (TFC2, RO).
                    5. Quake 3/4 (Modifications).

- Gilboa
                    DEV: Intel S2600C0, 2xE52658V2, 32GB, 4x2TB + 2x3TB, GTX780, F21/x86_64, Dell U2711.
                    SRV: Intel S5520SC, 2xX5680, 36GB, 4x2TB, GTX550, F21/x86_64, Dell U2412..
                    BACK: Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2xE5335, 8GB, 3x1.5TB, 9800GTX, F21/x86-64.
                    LAP: ASUS N56VJ, i7-3630QM, 16GB, 1TB, 635M, F21/x86_64.

Comment

Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights, and Neverwinter Nights.

Does that count as 3?

To tell you the truth, I've been very frustrated everytime I try a new Linux game...

Comment

I'm astonished so many can use Steam with Wine. That's a no-go over here ( steam crashes... bong ).

Comment

wesnoth, ut2004, vegastrike

Comment

WINE here.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                              Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights, and Neverwinter Nights.

Does that count as 3?

To tell you the truth, I've been very frustrated everytime I try a new Linux game...

It could with all the expansion packs. Best damn linux native game around. Tons of replay value.

Comment

Vendetta Online
                                ToME
                                BZFlag

Comment

Working...
                                X