Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ut3 linux poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ut3 linux poll

    Would you buy UT3 either inmediately after a linux client is available, a few days later, would you consider buying it, or will you undoubtly not buy it?
    56
    Yes, inmediately
    23.21%
    13
    Maybe
    33.93%
    19
    No
    26.79%
    15
    Already Bought It
    16.07%
    9
    Last edited by xav1r; 08-23-2008, 12:47 AM.

  • #2
    There is no maybe/eventually option...

    I'm not a huge shooter fan, so I wouldn't be rushing to pick it up. However, I will NEVER get it without the Linux option.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
      There is no maybe/eventually option...

      I'm not a huge shooter fan, so I wouldn't be rushing to pick it up. However, I will NEVER get it without the Linux option.
      Well, the yes, a few days later could count as that one. Im trying to get a rough number of how many who would actually buy it to play it on linux natively would actually do so. But ill add that option too, if i can find the option.

      Comment


      • #4
        it's not really clear to say "a few days later" as a Maybe. the impact is quite different imo.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Setlec View Post
          it's not really clear to say "a few days later" as a Maybe. the impact is quite different imo.
          Ok, since no one has voted maybe so far, how do i change the option to "maybe"?

          Comment


          • #6
            i've no clue.... sadly maybe the moderator could but i don't know...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by xav1r View Post
              Ok, since no one has voted maybe so far, how do i change the option to "maybe"?
              You need both. One describes a desire to get it as soon as cash permits. The other indicates mixed feelings about the whole thing.

              I'd answer "Maybe" and that's only because it's taken 9+ months. I've got other things in the budget to worry about than the title. I'm interested, but it's a tougher sell than if it'd been only a couple of months late or when they originally thought it'd come out.

              If it shows in a couple of days like the rumored MacOS release would lead one to belive might be happening, I'll probably buy it. But if it goes on longer, it becomes with each passing week a more difficult sell for me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Svartalf, your maybe is not the same as mine. Mine is a maybe, because it's a linux game, yours is a maybe not because of the messing around...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Setlec View Post
                  i've no clue.... sadly maybe the moderator could but i don't know...
                  Changed To maybe plus added an "Already Bought It" for those that pre-ordered back in November
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Voted no.
                    While I'm pretensively sticking to my guns about not buying another Epic product, I might if my friends were playing it, and currently they're not. They've been playing Hellgate London (which I can't run at all), and War3: DOTA. As of late though I'm now gearing up for the gathering cold storm that is Blizzard's next 2 releases: Starcraft II, and Diablo III. Epic has missed their window with me.
                    That's not taking into account the high cost of gathering as much money as I can for Full Sail come mid-November (I need around 1.5-2k before my financial aid kicks in, and I'm selling things left and right), or my $30 semi-monthly dump into Rock Band 2 SE.
                    Last edited by me262; 08-22-2008, 08:14 PM. Reason: Give it a short time, I'm listing things today.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by me262 View Post
                      Voted no.
                      While I'm pretensively sticking to my guns about not buying another Epic product, I might if my friends were playing it, and currently they're not. They've been playing Hellgate London (which I can't run at all), and War3: DOTA. As of late though I'm now gearing up for the gathering cold storm that is Blizzard's next 2 releases: Starcraft II, and Diablo III. Epic has missed their window with me.
                      That's not taking into account the high cost of gathering as much money as I can for Full Sail come mid-November (I need around 1.5-2k before my financial aid kicks in, and I'm selling things left and right), or my $30 semi-monthly dump into Rock Band 2 SE.
                      Youre going to fullsail? Damn, so you really want to be a game developer then. What are you going to study there?

                      btw, are the results of the vote so far public?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Does anybody really care about "game dev education"? Where I live nobody gives a shit about this. A university degree, yeah, that could ( mind the stress on "could" ) help something but otherwise it's money thrown out of the window... unless you do it just for learning the tools of trade.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          btw, Michael, if youre watching, i was thinking, if enough people vote in this poll, maybe could you send the results to epic? Or to Wartourist, he might forward it to the right people. If more people vote that is.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                            Does anybody really care about "game dev education"? Where I live nobody gives a shit about this. A university degree, yeah, that could ( mind the stress on "could" ) help something but otherwise it's money thrown out of the window... unless you do it just for learning the tools of trade.
                            Heh... Depends on what they're selling. What they're claiming is a Bachelor's in that space- lots of places are advertising "game dev" degrees of late. From what I can tell, at least 2/3rds of them are like what the DeVry university degrees were like when they started in the collegiate business. Lots of practical knowledge and no real theoretical backing- it was like a technical school on steroids. Not a bad thing in and of itself, but it has it's own consequences. It could be viewed as a college degree (and I know of a lot of places in this area (Dallas, Texas...) that have viewed it as such, but put it down one rung from CS/MIS degrees...)- but you're going to have to keep up with things to keep from becoming technically obsolescent. Without a huge heaping serving of theoretical background (and I'd went out of my way to find out more than even they were teaching us as a Computer Science degree...) it's going to be harder for you to do this initially.

                            If it were me, I'd try to get the CS degree or the Software Engineering degree- it might be "boring" at first, but there'll be a solid base for the rest to follow. In the end, if I were a producer at a studio, or the Lead Dev, I'd have to see if someone had ANY degree and then find out a little more about whether or not they knew how to think instead of just point-n-click. A person with a CS, Sw Engr., or EE degree will be considered first over a Game Dev degree, but they'd be considered all the same if they could show me something that proved they could think for themselves and they could grok the types of tasks I'd need for them to do. Doesn't matter if it's game dev, client-server systems, etc.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Or if youre a hot chick like Jade Raymond just add the word "producer" next to your name and thats it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X