Part 2: Shadow of Mordor Is Easily One Of The Most Demanding Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part 2: Shadow of Mordor Is Easily One Of The Most Demanding Linux Games

Phoronix: Part 2: Shadow of Mordor Is Easily One Of The Most Demanding Linux Games

Yesterday I delivered benchmarks of Shadow of Mordor on Linux following its native Linux client release this week. In the article today are some more graphics cards benchmarked under this visually amazing game. Shadow of Mordor is quite likely the most GPU-demanding game out right now for Linux/SteamOS.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would really like to see some numbers for one of the systems running under Windows, just to have an idea of how well the performance was ported.

Don't know if my 5$ would reach that fare though :-/

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
      I would really like to see some numbers for one of the systems running under Windows, just to have an idea of how well the performance was ported.

Don't know if my 5$ would reach that fare though :-/
      http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum...315#post814315
      If more people are interested and would support it, would consider it. Probably raising enough in tips to buy a couple Augustiner six packs in America to withstand the headaches and frustration of not only manual tests but having to do another Windows install
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

If more people are interested and would support it, would consider it. Probably raising enough in tips to buy a couple Augustiner six packs in America to withstand the headaches and frustration of not only manual tests but having to do another Windows install
        So maybe something like 75$? I've got a few bucks I can tip towards that. Anybody else want to throw in? If all us regulars tipped 5$ it should be pretty easy to hit that.

Comment

It'll be interesting to compare these to the various DX / Windows benchmarks out there already. I assume the driver doesn't have any optimizations for the opengl version of the game like it does for DX? Or are those game optimizations api-agnostic?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

So maybe something like 75$? I've got a few bucks I can tip towards that. Anybody else want to throw in? If all us regulars tipped 5$ it should be pretty easy to hit that.
            If I got 75$ in tips earmarked for it, would be willing to do Windows vs. Linux for this game. Probably for 3~5 NV graphics cards would yield enough info?
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Had to upgrade my gtx660 for that. Awaiting for gtx780ti

Comment

There you have it guys, lets get 75$ raised for this. I'm my putting my tip in now.

EDIT: Is there any way to use libframetime to integrate results with PTS graphing capabilities?
                Last edited by duby229; 01 August 2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

27$ went Michael's way.
                  thank you for the site Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                    EDIT: Is there any way to use libframetime to integrate results with PTS graphing capabilities?
                    PTS supports using libframetime for tests that are automated but not able to expose any performance info. Except this wouldn't work in the case of Shadow of Mordor due to lacking the automation part... Can't make a test profile for it when I can't even launch the game automatically into benchmark mode. Hell even if I could just auto-start the game in benchmark mode, could have it set to kill the pid after a few minutes, but no luck. Hoping Feral Games will be able to come through.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X