Terraria 1.3 Release Coming Later This Month With Many Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraria 1.3 Release Coming Later This Month With Many Improvements

Phoronix: Terraria 1.3 Release Coming Later This Month With Many Improvements

Terraria 1.3 is slated to be released in a few days on June 30, and coming with it are 800 new items, new mini-Biomes, achievements, a harder 'expert mode' and “more unknown stuff.” Why does this matter? Because in July, following the 1.3 release, there are going to be Mac and Linux ports of the game!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Last time I played it (which admittedly was years ago), I used a community patch that allowed the game to run in mono on linux. So, I'm sure there will be no wine involved in the port, as even the community managed to "port" it without wine.

Comment

Probably an FNA port http://fna-xna.github.io/

Comment

I love this game, so many hours of fun with my buddies! Would be awesome to have an official port for the client and the server.

Is there any talk about an ARM port?

Comment

Steam doesn't allow selling pure wine wrappers

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
            I love this game, so many hours of fun with my buddies!
            I have 291 hours. (though part of it was afk farming)

Comment

Can't wait either. I got over 200h in this game, just by dual booting, now I'm looking forward to at least another as much in my native OS. :-)

Comment

The Linux/Mac OS X open beta for Terraria is now available.
                Hello there Terrarians! We hope that you have enjoyed your first month with Terraria 1.3. The team has been hard at work - with your help - finding and smashing bugs, and we hope that we will be able to get to any that remain over the coming weeks so that everyone has the awesome gaming...

Comment

Working...
                X