Spec Ops: The Line Is The Latest Linux Shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post

Why would you want to play it without vsync? I watched the first three minutes of that video and saw a craptonne of tearing. I'm particularly sensitive to tearing to be fair and will avoid it at all costs, I'd rather play at a locked vysnced 30fps than put up with it so maybe I'm biased.
    Mainly for test some reports about stability without vsync (in my test around 30 min without crashes) maybe more later upload other test with vsync on

Respect tearing in my case dont have too sensitive however maybe my actual monitor have some influence on that: samsung syncmaster 17 794mb (CRT)

Comment

Has anyone tried this under AMD CPU? Bioshock Infinite has some serious problem with AMD CPUs. Have top set manually taskset so the game not crash but otherwise everything was ok. If this don't have the same problem then I could buy the game.

P.S. I am talking about AMD CPU not GPU, I have Nvidia 970 as GPU.

Comment

from the vid posted by penguinpc seems to be working fine even on older passive cooled hardware like the geforce 630. Hopefully Arma3 will be able to get ported too.

the more games the better (specially for higher chance of success of steam machines and linux gaming) and for the story alone and price is worth it. one less reason to use windows.

Comment

I don't get it. Unreal Engine 3 is natively ported to linux. How can using eON wrapper impact performance?

Comment

Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
            I don't get it. Unreal Engine 3 is natively ported to linux. How can using eON wrapper impact performance?
            Because eON can't magically replace the windows engine with the native one. It's till windows binary with a wine-like wrapper called eON.
            Probably the devs could not or didn't want to do it themselves but refused to give their code away -> Closed source "port" -> eON.

Comment

seems humble store also has it on sale and other 2k games.

Choose from thousands of games for PC, Mac, Linux, and Android while supporting a charity of your choice. New games added every day!

Comment

Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
                No it's not. UE4 is natively on Linux, UE3 never was ported (at least not the mainline code; individual games have been ported but the porting effort wasn't shared between licensees).

Comment

It works very smoothly and it looks really good

System: Kubuntu 14.04.2 64 bit
                  CPU: Athlon II X4
                  GPU: GF 560 1 GB Ram
                  Ram: 4 GB
                  Kernel: my Premium one - Linux version 4.0.3-ext73-40.3-brazos (root@ext73-kernel) (gcc version 5.1.1 20150505 (eXt73-build_v3.9) ) #4 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 13 15:44:06 CEST 2015
                  Drivers: Nvidia 349.16
                  My power management and performance mechanism: APM 5.0

Kernel, APM and othes, You can see on: www.netext73.pl
                  Last edited by ext73; 15 May 2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald
                    No it's not. UE4 is natively on Linux, UE3 never was ported (at least not the mainline code; individual games have been ported but the porting effort wasn't shared between licensees).
                    That explains it and...

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
                    It works very smoothly and it looks really good
                    This got me into shut up and get my money mode. Downloading already...

Comment

Seems the minimum requirements are opengl 3.2, has anyone tried it with the radeonsi drivers?

Comment

Working...
                      X