Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    *May not be the one Svartalf wants as he mentions in the post below.
    They're one in the same. It's still worth looking into- but I don't think FOSS is going to happen. Monolith is a Time-Warner captive studio these days, so I don't know how open they're going to be opening Lithtech 2.0/2.1 which would be needed to make a FOSS version- and a license to the engine would need to be obtained for any kind of port, above and beyond getting VU to sign off on the game content and naming.

    Comment


    • #22
      I found this piece of news. Not sure if it's anything usable.

      http://www.gamershell.com/news_5863.html

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
        I found this piece of news. Not sure if it's anything usable.

        http://www.gamershell.com/news_5863.html
        It.
        Is.



        No port seems to have been attempted. EECH's a good game for the combat sim crowd. I'm off for the day and may be late getting home from work (Meeting up w/my GF... ) so it may be tomorrow before I respond. Good catch, this, I think.

        Comment


        • #24
          Mentioned in the other thread, but I may as well reiterate it here. I'd love to see TES4: Oblivion ported. I've never heard anything negative about non-MS systems from Bethesda, and I don't see why they wouldn't have the whole source.

          Would be nice to see it running natively with OpenGL/OpenAL instead of Direct3D/DirectSound.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Mentioned in the other thread, but I may as well reiterate it here. I'd love to see TES4: Oblivion ported. I've never heard anything negative about non-MS systems from Bethesda, and I don't see why they wouldn't have the whole source.

            Would be nice to see it running natively with OpenGL/OpenAL instead of Direct3D/DirectSound.
            they don't own the engine, yet the engine has a PS3 port hint OpenGL

            I've iterated my list before, hope that Svartalf took notes, should i post them again here? do you make a list? unfortunately Interplay/Troika and others died, so many games won't make it, but i hope you get a "viable" list of games together and keep us informed

            Comment


            • #26
              Licaon, shouldn't we not make Svartalf's job a little easier? Why not repost it here? Anyway, who knows? You might update the list here.

              On my free time, I'll go hunt more source code released games.
              Last edited by niniendowarrior; 06-24-2008, 09:04 PM.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                Licaon, shouldn't we not make Svartalf's job a little easier? Why not repost it here? Anyway, who knows? You might update the list here.

                On my free time, I'll go hunt more source code released games.
                I found this one the looked down and saw Mircosoft share source... (if I remember correctly that's the look but don't touch license MS has)

                I've iterated my list before, hope that Svartalf took notes, should i post them again here? do you make a list? unfortunately Interplay/Troika and others died, so many games won't make it, but i hope you get a "viable" list of games together and keep us informed
                Pretty much the only ones for that list can could be ported are KOTOR1+2, Gothic and morrowind I think as the rest are by developers now dead and BG has a FOSS engine that's close to completion.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                  I found this one the looked down and saw Mircosoft share source... (if I remember correctly that's the look but don't touch license MS has)
                  Believe me, Svartalf and I exchanged PMs on it for some time now. That's a pass. No way that's going to happen in Linux.

                  On some other titles, I wish (it's a wish list, right?) Jade Empire and Mass Effect get ported. That's so not going to happen though.

                  Anyway, be on the look out for released source games.
                  Last edited by niniendowarrior; 06-24-2008, 09:26 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                    Believe me, Svartalf and I exchanged PMs on it for some time now. That's a pass. No way that's going to happen in Linux.
                    That is what I had assumed seeing as Microsoft is involved.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      dead ends:
                      Arcanum
                      Baldurs' Gate / Baldurs' Gate 2
                      Cronicles of Riddick
                      Fallout / Fallout 2
                      Gothic / Gothic 2 / Gothic 3 (?? JoWood has the rights, PiranaBytes did the coding??? )
                      Grim Fandango
                      Planescape Torment
                      System Shock 2
                      Temple of Elemental Evil
                      Thief / Thief 2 / Thief 3
                      Vampire: Bloodlines

                      live ends:
                      Assassins Creed
                      Bioshock
                      Cronicles of Riddick
                      Diablo / Diablo 2
                      Grand Theft Auto III / Vice City
                      Half-Life 2
                      Heroes V
                      KoTOR / KoTOR 2
                      Mafia
                      Mass Effect
                      Max Payne / Max Payne 2
                      Mount & Blade
                      Portal
                      S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
                      The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind
                      The Guild 2 / Pirates
                      The Witcher

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X