Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage 2 Ships For Linux

Phoronix: Savage 2 Ships For Linux

In addition to CodeWeavers announcing the availability of their new CrossOver Games product to play popular Windows games on Linux, S2 Games has today announced the availability of the Linux client for its "Savage 2: A Tortured Soul" game. Savage 2 is a fantasy-themed game that is a combination of a first person shooter, real-time strategy, and action role-playing game. This is the sequel to "Savage: The Battle For Newerth", which was also ported to Linux some years ago.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Certainly a good day!

Embarassingly enough, I missed the beta because I forgot to check my PM's. Glad the game is out now though

Comment

That's of course good news for me and other linux gamers =)

Comment

Very cool, I'll have to pick up the demo and give it a try. I liked the first Savage so this will be interesting.

Comment

It got a 74/100 ranking in the german GameStar. I may give it a try...

That's a great thing, but what I really loved is when a really major title like World of Warcraft (I know there was a native client during the beta, I know it works with wine), the upcoming Warhammer: Online, Valve's games, or the Battlefield series are getting ported. Blizzard (WoW, upcoming Starcraft II) and Valve (HL+mods, HL2+mods, ...) would be the most important guys.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            ... Valve's games, or the Battlefield series are getting ported. Blizzard (WoW, upcoming Starcraft II) and Valve (HL+mods, HL2+mods, ...) would be the most important guys.
            I agree. Big Linux players like Novell, Canonical or even Google should convince them to offer Linux versions for all of their products. This would be quite a smart move, as games are mostly the only thing that keeps windows from being wiped off the hard-drive of the typical power-user. We'll see, though.

Comment

Well in my opinion, Microsoft/Windows is the only thing holding PC Gaming back at this point. As the years go by it gets progressively worse. I won't get into it since that would be suited for a completely new thread, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Malikith View Post
                Well in my opinion, Microsoft/Windows is the only thing holding PC Gaming back at this point. As the years go by it gets progressively worse. I won't get into it since that would be suited for a completely new thread, but it is what it is.
                In my not so humble opinion, Microsoft has been holding all computing, home and office, back for some time now.

But, like you said, that rant's not suitable for this thread. Only bad thing about this game would be that it's going to eventually end up being a time sink for myself once I get a few projects wrapped up.

Comment

I think microsoft has its importance in the buisness. Or is that "had"? Inyhoo This game looks awesome! I love the 3 genres so this should prove to be quite interesting. If it works out well I'll be converting my friends and entertaining discussions on this. I'll writeback probably tomorrow and see how it went.

Comment

Well I just tried it, and I ran into a bad bug. Player models are completely invisible for me, game runs fine other than that but its not very playable since I can only see the weapons but not the players.

I read around on their forums and saw that it is a ATI bug.

Comment

Working...
                    X