No announcement yet.

Savage 2 Ships For Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I'm not surprised about the skybox issue with anisotropic filtering enabled. I've seen other games in the past do similar things on various video cards both nVidia and ATI.

As far as gaming on Ubuntu 8.04 beta, I haven't had any issues, but I have had an occasional freeze with the Firefox 3 beta which then I have to kill Firefox off. I assume most of these issues should be cleared up within the next 30 days. I haven't had anything that has been a show stopper.

But when it comes to Savage 2 I do have some issues, just graphically. If a new Savage 2 patch comes out soon along with Catalyst 8.04 next month, I think things should run well. I'd really like to try this game out the way its supposed to be.

Comment

is already there a gentoo ebuild for the ful game or just for the demo?

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
        is already there a gentoo ebuild for the ful game or just for the demo?
        The demo IS the full game- you just don't get all the features or full servers access if you don't buy and after 5 hours it does something to cripple things a bit further on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          The demo IS the full game- you just don't get all the features or full servers access if you don't buy and after 5 hours it does something to cripple things a bit further on the game.
          mhh ok... but no ebuild then!? :-D

Comment

Erm, no, it's a commercial installer on it's own...

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
              Erm, no, it's a commercial installer on it's own...
              that's never a problem.... if the installer provides a "not interactive mode", and usually it happens, it's easy to make an ebuild....

an ebuild is just a script! it's not a package :-)

Comment

ok, no ebuild possibility...... but even with fglrx 8.5 i still get the ghost-model, what can we do for it?

Comment

The ATi shader issue seems to be gone now with the BETA client. So it will be fixed with the release with FCP 2.
                  You can see for your selfs:
                  Savage2TestInstall-1.4.10-i686.bin (md5sum 4f8a758f3db1fe0e404f9920a744083e)

Savage2TestInstall-1.4.10-x86_64.bin (md5sum 780dd91c9c349c31f17ca8de7630b9bb)

Remember to update the client with the ingame update tool. (Just click on login an say that you already have an account)

Comment

Working...
                  X