No announcement yet.

LGP's Bandits Proceeds On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transgaming's in the emulation business more than the porting business.

Heh... I honestly forgot to mention Ryan as he's less of a studio and more of a game porting MACHINE that works with several different studios and publishers as the time merits (He's done stuff we've published and we're trying to get finalized- as well as stuff for Epic, US DoD, and other more indie studios over time...)... Mentioning him as a studio is akin to mentioning TTimo over at Id as a "studio".

"Thriving" is not a word I'd use right at the moment- but it looks to be dramatically improving. The reason it's not thriving has less to do with the viability and more to do with the insanity of the studios out there. So many of them want unrealistic royalty deals- if they'll even give you the time of day. However, that's changing a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Heh... I honestly forgot to mention Ryan as he's less of a studio and more of a game porting MACHINE that works with several different studios and publishers as the time merits (He's done stuff we've published and we're trying to get finalized- as well as stuff for Epic, US DoD, and other more indie studios over time...)... Mentioning him as a studio is akin to mentioning TTimo over at Id as a "studio".
      Sometimes, I wonder how in the world did it all start for him. He's done very amazing things though.

"Thriving" is not a word I'd use right at the moment- but it looks to be dramatically improving. The reason it's not thriving has less to do with the viability and more to do with the insanity of the studios out there. So many of them want unrealistic royalty deals- if they'll even give you the time of day. However, that's changing a bit.
      Sounds like all the more reason that LGP begin developing its own AAA titles.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
        Sometimes, I wonder how in the world did it all start for him. He's done very amazing things though.
        He was one of the main players for porting over at Loki.

He kept with it. Most of the others moved on to other things. One that didn't helped found LGP- Mike Phillips. Most everyone from Loki have moved on from porting Linux games- I think Ryan's the only one left from that era doing anything of the sort. Everyone else from Loki has quit or passed on to the best of my knowledge.

Sounds like all the more reason that LGP begin developing its own AAA titles.
        That, my friend, is much more difficult than it sounds. [edit: Changed "easier" to the proper "more difficult". Need to not post while there's too much blood in my Caffeine Stream...]

If it were as simple as you're making it out to be, we'd have already done it- I can tell you, it's easier dealing with your own screwy bad code than someone else's >:-)
        Last edited by Svartalf; 02-18-2008, 09:43 PM.

Comment

He was one of the main players for porting over at Loki.

He kept with it. Most of the others moved on to other things. One that didn't helped found LGP- Mike Phillips. Most everyone from Loki have moved on from porting Linux games- I think Ryan's the only one left from that era doing anything of the sort. Everyone else from Loki has quit or passed on to the best of my knowledge.
          That's an interesting tid bit. By the time I discovered Loki, they've already announced they were closing doors.

That, my friend, is much easier than it sounds.

If it were as simple as you're making it out to be, we'd have already done it- I can tell you, it's easier dealing with your own screwy bad code than someone else's >:-)
          I've seen enough of other people's bad code to know what you say is gospel truth, Svartalf. Nothing is ever simple in the world, and I think from what I've read before on LGP, they did try but it never did work out... at least to the best of my memory.

Comment

Sweet, this certainly has gotten my hopes up. I'll check out the LGP website again.

Comment

I keep looking on LGP for an update on Disciples 2: Dark Prophecy
              I much prefer rpg's and even this rps holds more interest for me. Wonder if anyone still plays it online...
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
              Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

That should be forthcoming shortly, I think. It, too, ended up with a mishap or two and has been unfortunately delayed in several manners unforseen at the time that the title was announced. And, you'd not be alone in wanting the thing...

Comment

That should be forthcoming shortly, I think. It, too, ended up with a mishap or two and has been unfortunately delayed in several manners unforseen at the time that the title was announced. And, you'd not be alone in wanting the thing...
                  Svartalf, is that official word?

Comment

Sweet.. I hope sells well for many reasons..and one selfish reason...the Expansion packs
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                      Svartalf, is that official word?
                      Are you kidding?! No. The only official word comes from a press release from Michael Simms. The only "official" unofficial word would be from one of the team members- I'm not on that team right at the moment, though with Bandits getting out of the way, that might change as well.

Right now, I've got a short list of gotchas I'm now beginning to put the wraps on Bandits with- it really should be very shortly that it will go gold as most of the gotchas are interrelated to each other and different aspects of the same thing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X