Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nervous about installing Bioshock,BIOSHOCK serials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nervous about installing Bioshock,BIOSHOCK serials

    I've heard really bad things about the copy protection software it uses. I'm actually considering returning the game for a refund. I don't want there to be hidden stuff in my registry can't be removed. The disc is sitting in the tray right now, but I feel like would if I were deliberately putting a virus on my computer.

  • #2
    Well, considering that it's a Windows title... It'd almost be that way in the first place.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Well, considering that it's a Windows title... It'd almost be that way in the first place.
      u mean ,the first time u use it ,it will be this?

      Comment


      • #4
        No, he means that the very act of attempting to install a Windows application under Linux is almost like installing a Virus... It was a joke.

        Seriously, though, maybe you would consider a dual boot for this game? I've heard it is an excellent game and it is always a pity to play games with both hindered performance and quality, on any given platform, so you may want to consider running it under native Windows (I also know it is very demanding on the hardware as it is in Windows, the added overhead of Wine could render the game experience as a poor one). I'm not sure it is even supported by either Wine or Cedega.

        Edit - Shameless Pro-Linux gaming edit.

        It would be great if someone decided to actually make a port of these hit titles for Linux. I know, I know... One at a time, to avoid risking the fate of Loki... There better be some rather good surprises in the Linux side of gaming this year (I know I wished for that in New Year's eve )
        Last edited by Thetargos; 01-05-2008, 01:22 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
          No, he means that the very act of attempting to install a Windows application under Linux is almost like installing a Virus... It was a joke.

          Seriously, though, maybe you would consider a dual boot for this game? I've heard it is an excellent game and it is always a pity to play games with both hindered performance and quality, on any given platform, so you may want to consider running it under native Windows (I also know it is very demanding on the hardware as it is in Windows, the added overhead of Wine could render the game experience as a poor one). I'm not sure it is even supported by either Wine or Cedega.

          Edit - Shameless Pro-Linux gaming edit.

          It would be great if someone decided to actually make a port of these hit titles for Linux. I know, I know... One at a time, to avoid risking the fate of Loki... There better be some rather good surprises in the Linux side of gaming this year (I know I wished for that in New Year's eve )

          i never used linux before,u know i m not good at computers.i can not try such things.
          furthermore,iv never seen the linux installing dis.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cod4game101 View Post
            i never used linux before,u know i m not good at computers.i can not try such things.
            furthermore,iv never seen the linux installing dis.
            Then what the hell are you doing posting this here. Obviously you have a burned copy of a Windows game and you are looking for Windows-centric help from a Linux community. I'm sorry, but this isn't the place for this.

            Comment

            Working...
            X