Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borderlands 2 Is Coming To Linux

Phoronix: Borderlands 2 Is Coming To Linux

Borderlands 2, an action role-playing game mixed with first-person shooter elements is coming to Linux. Borderlands 2 has been out for Windows gamers for nearly two years while now it's finally getting ready to meet Linux and SteamOS gamers...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc3OTA

Not sure why the confirmation link wasn't in the original article, but GamingOnLinux got the confirmation of it being real after talking to Aspyr Media directly: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...confirmed.4235

Keep up the good work Michael.

Comment

Is it a real/native Linux port or some wrapping solution around the windows binaries?

Comment

Second, third and n'th following playthrough incoming. Fantastic news!

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          Is it a real/native Linux port or some wrapping solution around the windows binaries?
          iirc, it uses the Unreal Engine, so it has ~75% chance of being native.

Comment

I believe Aspyr only does native ports (along with Feral).

Comment

For me it is like a dream comes true , I really hope it will be an native port.

EDIT

I open Steam on my Arch, go to my games and I can install Borderlands 2 WOW.

EDIT2

But I didn't download any files :/. But it seems like it really would be Borderlands 2 for Linux in future.
              Last edited by dragonn; 09-02-2014, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Haha I JUST beat this game and several expansions the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
                  I believe Aspyr only does native ports (along with Feral).
                  Aspry is the same guys who did the Civ 5 port, i believe, and I've only heard good things about the ports they've done.

Comment

Do Not Buy the game tell it's released on Linux and once released only play it on Linux for 2 to 3 weeks so the developers get paid for the Liux port

Comment

Working...
                    X