Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leadwerks Launches On Steam For Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leadwerks Launches On Steam For Linux

    Phoronix: Leadwerks Launches On Steam For Linux

    The Leadwerks Game Engine has officially launched on Steam for Linux...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc3MjU

  • #2
    Ugly

    The 90s called, they want their game engine back.

    This looks like shit!
    Surprisingly it is proprietary, so they actually sell this.
    Who would pay for this?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      The 90s called, they want their game engine back.

      This looks like shit!
      LOL

      To be honest, this demo looks ridiculous. I mean... jeez, it almost looks like my favority game from 1994:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        The 90s called, they want their game engine back.

        This looks like shit!
        Surprisingly it is proprietary, so they actually sell this.
        Who would pay for this?
        I don't understand how the low detail models and artwork used in demo is related to the quality of the render engine.

        Oh wait, this is Phoronix. It is a platform which is filled by tech wannabes with no information, knowledge, perspective or whatsoever.

        Comment


        • #5
          It looks very idsoftware to me - shades of doom!

          Comment


          • #6
            Even if the artwork and models look dated (which doesnt matter) it doesnt look anything like doom at all. Even with the newer engines using opengl it looks much more advanced than doom. I play doom about once a week with high res textures and opengl render and it looks much older than this. This looks closer to doom 3 than doom (really reminds me more of half-life).
            Last edited by philip550c; 08-25-2014, 07:31 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              So sad

              Originally posted by philip550c View Post
              Even if the artwork and models look dated (which doesnt matter) it doesnt look anything like doom at all. Even with the newer engines using opengl it looks much more advanced than doom. I play doom about once a week with high res textures and opengl render and it looks much older than this. This looks closer to doom 3 than doom (really reminds me more of half-life).
              If you have to defend the fact that it doesn't look like the original Doom, you've already lost.

              Comment


              • #8
                Because it got successful kickstarter? I was looking for easy ocean but went with Unity even if I have to boot Wirows.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bpetty View Post
                  If you have to defend the fact that it doesn't look like the original Doom, you've already lost.
                  https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/loaded-question

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bpetty View Post
                    If you have to defend the fact that it doesn't look like the original Doom, you've already lost.
                    HUH? Ive already lost what? I dont give a shit about leadwerks, Im just saying that you guys are probably retarded kids that never even played doom or maybe you saw it on your older cousins computer. Cause everyone saying it looks like doom is wrong. It looks way better than doom, like about 6 years better.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I backed this. That demo may have not been the best thing to post. You can make really pretty things, trust me. Since I backed this, a lot of things have happened like other Engines coming out. You have to remember, when Leadwerks was being funded, we had next to nothing for developing Games on Linux.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by philip550c View Post
                        HUH? Ive already lost what? I dont give a shit about leadwerks, Im just saying that you guys are probably retarded kids that never even played doom or maybe you saw it on your older cousins computer. Cause everyone saying it looks like doom is wrong. It looks way better than doom, like about 6 years better.
                        AllTheTests
                        Last edited by tmpdir; 08-27-2014, 04:34 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by philip550c View Post
                          Even if the artwork and models look dated (which doesnt matter) it doesnt look anything like doom at all. Even with the newer engines using opengl it looks much more advanced than doom. I play doom about once a week with high res textures and opengl render and it looks much older than this. This looks closer to doom 3 than doom (really reminds me more of half-life).
                          I agree, people tend to greatly exaggerate for dramatic effect. Just makes them look pretty stupid, IMO.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                            The 90s called, they want their game engine back.

                            This looks like shit!
                            Surprisingly it is proprietary, so they actually sell this.
                            Who would pay for this?


                            Then show me your leeeet Sk1LL0RZ engine, n00b.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X