Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darksiders Has Been Ported To Linux

Phoronix: Darksiders Has Been Ported To Linux

Leszek Godlewski of Nordic Games has shared that he's ported the Darksiders game to Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc0MDQ

Unbelievable- this is possibly my favorite genre, and considering how console-centric it can be this is quite surprising. It gives me hope, especially when they are doing these things in quiet- who knows what will pop up next? I'm getting rather excited for Linux gaming now, given the breadth of varied, well-known games we're beginning to see.

Comment

Wow! This is probably the first game from this genre (arcade slasher) to be on GNU/Linux! (at least I don't recall any others, this genre is quite rare outside of consoles anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Killer View Post
        Wow! This is probably the first game from this genre (arcade slasher) to be on GNU/Linux! (at least I don't recall any others, this genre is quite rare outside of consoles anyway)
        Brütal Legend could be called an "arcade slasher", I guess.

Comment

Darksiders was hell of a game, I spent hours and hours on it (almost done with buying the power to the merchant "guy", got the ultimate armor). I was a bit disappointed when seeing that the Windows port was just a strict conversion (no highdef textures, no antialiasing in the engine), the same as x360. It's a real good surprise to see it thrown to Linux (even if it's just Steam-targeted).

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
            Brütal Legend could be called an "arcade slasher", I guess.
            True, I forgot about that one, but it's not a slasher per se, it's a slasher/driving/rts, with the slasher part being sadly less and less the more into the game you progress.

Comment

I think the preferred term for this genre is 'spectacle fighter', it's certainly my favourite term for it.

Haven't played this, nor it's sequel. But it's in my 'purchased in a Steam sale but never played' pile. Might give it a go on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by scionicspectre View Post
                considering how console-centric it can be this is quite surprising.
                Steamboxes are considered consoles.

Comment

While reading this news i realized my attitude changed:
                  Perviously: "DRM or not. Happily there is some Linux software to support!"
                  Now: "Darksiders for Linux? Nice? Is it on GoG? No .. hmm.. Is it on Humble Store? No? Bah, who needs Darksiders...."

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                    While reading this news i realized my attitude changed:
                    Perviously: "DRM or not. Happily there is some Linux software to support!"
                    Now: "Darksiders for Linux? Nice? Is it on GoG? No .. hmm.. Is it on Humble Store? No? Bah, who needs Darksiders...."
                    Steam != DRM, its an optional feature.

Comment

Working...
                    X