Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBMC For SteamOS Is Under Development

Phoronix: XBMC For SteamOS Is Under Development

An optimized version of the XBMC media center software is under development for Valve's SteamOS living room gaming Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now all you need is a quick one-click method to switch between Steam Big Picture Mode and XBMC and you've got a living room box that would take Sony 50 more years to match.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
      a quick one-click method to switch between Steam Big Picture Mode and XBMC
      This method already exists: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ste...6742742587380/

Comment

ah now i'm very excited about this- absolute worst case scenario you launch xbmc the same way you do a game. i have been hoping they would do this. totally happy out. does steamos with xbmc intgrationg become the best htpc os possible?

Comment

After the "exit to desktop" option going into logged user, comes this one... Happy as Hell... Going to install it tonight @home.

Comment

I'd rather XBMC integrate Steam in to itself, and start my games from there. I'll take what I can get, though.
            Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
              I'd rather XBMC integrate Steam in to itself, and start my games from there. I'll take what I can get, though.
              That might be possible through an XBMC plugin that reads the steam folder and launch the games directly from there.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
                That might be possible through an XBMC plugin that reads the steam folder and launch the games directly from there.
                Theoretically, if Valve allow external application account connections to be made, which to me would be the clincher and not the actual data, it should be a piece of cake to implement considering the nature of XBMC. Time for some more research!
                Hi

Comment

About as far as it's gotten so far: http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comment..._menu_to_xbmc/
                  Hi

Comment

Steam has support for apps --- I think XBMC should be right there at the top.

That way you could have big picture steam + xbmc effortlessly. All the techniques I've seen right now are heavy environment-specific and assume you use xbmcbuntu or steamos...

Comment

Working...
                    X