Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasteland 2 Is Finally Released For Linux Gamers

Phoronix: Wasteland 2 Is Finally Released For Linux Gamers

The Wasteland 2 post-apocalyptic role-playing game is now out for Linux by inXile Entertainment. The Kickstarter-backed game is still in beta for the Linux version just surfaced via Steam on Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY2Njk

I've been trying my hardest to stay away from this game. I'm a Kickstarter backer and could have gotten in on the beta for a few extra bucks when they were doing that offer a while back, but I resisted. This, along with Divinity: Original Sin, which I'm also a backer of and could be playing right now (for no extra money), I'm purposely holding off on because I'm so excited about the games that I don't want to play them until they're completely finished. I've been tempted several times, though.

Comment

For those who have played the beta: Is it worth the money?
      I mean $60 USD sound quite expensive to me.

Comment

I would recommend buying it when it comes out. Paying $60 to play a portion that is still buggy.... meh.
        Especially since I think it will be $40 on release.

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
          I've been trying my hardest to stay away from this game. I'm a Kickstarter backer and could have gotten in on the beta for a few extra bucks when they were doing that offer a while back, but I resisted. This, along with Divinity: Original Sin, which I'm also a backer of and could be playing right now (for no extra money), I'm purposely holding off on because I'm so excited about the games that I don't want to play them until they're completely finished. I've been tempted several times, though.
          I'm the same. I'm all worked up since I heared there were rumours about rumours of a kickstarter for Wasteland 2. I think I'm covered for the rest of the year with this and AoW 3 (which needs some serious reweighting).

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
            I would recommend buying it when it comes out. Paying $60 to play a portion that is still buggy.... meh.
            Especially since I think it will be $40 on release.
            While there are lot of irresponsible dev groups out there taking advantage of the pre-buyer's, inXile aren't going anywhere. They're been making this thing for only a couple years and had ACTUAL results in what, less than a year? Fargo's not the kind of bloke to jsut bail. It's all polishing now. You're money's safe. I guarantee it =D *zips out the door*.

I agree, the extra few pennies now quite possibly isn't worth it, but I personally would have loved to have pumped a hunjy or whatever it was to get myself a character name in the game. Not sure why I didn't, actually =O

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
              I mean $60 USD sound quite expensive to me.
              Especially for a digital copy!

Comment

My God this game looks amazing. I am a fallout tactics / fallout 1 / fallout 2 etc... fan and after watching this I am now sold!
                But I has no $$

I'll definitely play this in Linux, or even windows.

Comment

Working...
                X