Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Conflict Takes Off On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Star Conflict Takes Off On Linux

    Phoronix: Star Conflict Takes Off On Linux

    A few days ago I wrote about the Star Conflict game coming to Linux and as of today this space adventure game is officially available on Steam for Linux...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY1MjY

  • #2
    What about non Steam users? Is it locked into using Steamworks or there will be a Steam-free version of the client as well?

    Comment


    • #3
      Disapointing, game wont launch. :|

      (It cruch for some time, will open and immediately close window, and then will stay as zombie process ...)

      PS Is r600g enough to play this game?

      Comment


      • #4
        Code:
        ./.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/star conflict/StarConflict: /lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/star conflict/StarConflict)
        ./.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/star conflict/StarConflict: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by ./.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/star conflict/StarConflict)

        WTF?

        PS I have OpenSuSE, not Ubu...

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok, that may mean that either:

          1) OpenSuSE folks botched the required libs and there are no versions info in them (unlikely) or
          2) LD path is set wrongly, and it points to lib which it should not
          3) Maybe game relay on 3rd party libs not provided by Steam runtime, and they picked Ubu versions???

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by przemoli View Post
            2) LD path is set wrongly, and it points to lib which it should not
            3) Maybe game relay on 3rd party libs not provided by Steam runtime, and they picked Ubu versions???
            Both libs available in Steam Runtime. Most likely it's broken for you somehow.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
              Both libs available in Steam Runtime. Most likely it's broken for you somehow.
              OK So how to override LD path to Steam Runtime?

              Comment


              • #8
                worked out of the box without any issues.. looks and performs super good..

                only problem it has is with multimonitor setup.. its switching second monitor off when fullscreen.
                windowed works fine.

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-gLub417Q

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by xpander View Post
                  worked out of the box without any issues.. looks and performs super good..

                  only problem it has is with multimonitor setup.. its switching second monitor off when fullscreen.
                  windowed works fine.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-gLub417Q
                  What distro?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    NOT an MMO

                    This game is quite simplistic, i don't know where Michael gets the "MMO" or X3 like thing, its not.

                    This is like those shooters with capture positions and two teams, only in 3d with ships. Thats about it.

                    Its nice for a casual free game, but don't expect much more from it.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X